Do you think that all DSLR cam needs color correction?

abdullrhman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you think that all DSLR cam needs color correction !? or just my D90 got pale color ?!

90% of the time i have my white balance set on 5500k and that gives my photos a nice worn feel to them

90% of the time i have my white balance set on 5500k and that gives my photos a nice worn feel to them
katerolla im not good about white balance yet :/ feel like my D90 give bad colors
do you have D90 also ?

I have seen great shots straight from the D90. You should be able to set up a custom picture setting that allows you input contrast, sharpness and colour parameters that will give a more satisfactory image. If you set your camera up to shoot jpeg+raw you can then tweak the raw photograph that your not quite happy with later and convert this to jpeg to print.
Also raw allows you to set your white balance later if need be. For a start set your white balamce to your shooting situation. If outside in daylight, "auto" or "daylight" should be good. It is probably when indoors that setting it to the type of light such as "tungsten" or "incandessant" that you will see more natural colours in your images. A lot of DSLRs struggle with auto WB in these conditions, but again if you have the raw file you can select the WB on the raw file later, though setting it in camera first may save you time processing. Hope this is of some help

D90 is one of the cameras in my arsenal. Its mostly a backup but I use it for cross-screen filter.
Nikon's tend to be a bit on warmer end. Look in your picture profile and make necessary adjustment.

Good luck

It's quite possible you are having a color space issue.

If your D90 is set to capture JPEGs in the Adobe RGB color space, but you are looking at them in sRGB, the colors will seem muted.

So you may need to review how you have the D90 configured by re-reading your D90 user's manual.

At any rate you would have to provide more information for anything more than just guesses as to how to approach a solution to your issue.

In all honesty, the most likely cause of your problem is user error.

Most reactions

Back