What's new

Do you use a DVD Printer?

haring

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami, FL
I am thinking about buying one CD/DVD Printer so I can send my wedding photos to clients. I like the fact that you can print professional looking DVDs with these printers.

I am thinking about one of these:
Primera Bravo SE Auto-Printer for CD and DVD Discs in Portable Computer Printers at JR.com

THE QUESTION: Does anybody here have one? Do you like it? Which one do you recommend? Was it worth buying it?

The reason I am asking because it is not cheap. It costs around $1000.
 
Is there a point to a machine with a 20 disc capacity for wedding customers? I would imagine 3 is the most you would print. 1 for the B&G and 2 for the parents.

Look into a LightScribe DVD burner. I got a LaCie one for my Mac a few months ago for around $100. The discs are more expensive than regular ones but with the $900 you save, you can get quite a few of them...

However, I cannot tell you the quality of the label burning because I have never used the feature. I didn't buy it for that reason.
 
I bought a Lightscribe drive for $40 (plus $30 for a case because I wanted it on my desk, not in my computer).

Lightscribe can look pretty good, although it's painfully slow, especially when you want to burn the image multiple times for increased contrast.

Another option is disks that have an embedded paper surface and an inkjet printer with a disc tray.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
I have Lightscribe and I use it. I just wanted my DVDs to look more professional. I got your point. I should team up with other wedding photographers in the area and buy one together...This way we would burn lots of DVDs and the cost would be less per person...
 
I know my Epson R1900 can print to CD/DVD I have not tried it but it may be an option. They are about $500 but then you can do actual prints too :-P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom