Do you wanna listen to me babble for an hour about skin smoothing?

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
FINALLY... 3... 4?... effing days later, I got Screenflow and Youtube to play nice. And also realized that I can't export hour-long videos or my computer will essplode. :biglaugh:

The other day I told Page I'd show her how I skin smooth... and Ron asked if I was going to post it publicly, at which point I decided, "Sure. I will."

So here it is.

Nothing Fancy.

Probably way too boring and long and unpolished for most of you to care.

BUT... in case you're interested and/or have been wondering what it is I do... here it is.

Like I say in the videos, I don't do the first method anymore. I usually do a combination of the second and third videos and/or just the 3rd video. I included the first just in case anyone doesn't have the ability to do the 3rd, or just wants a fast way to get through skin smoothing. ::shrugs::

If y'all have any questions, feel free to ask. :heart:

EDIT: Thought I would include the jpegs of each method as well (Note: these images are by no means finished or perfect. They're the exact files I used in the videos, and I mentioned what I would still fix, including using dodge and burn to fix certain areas):

ORIGINAL:

$Original.jpg

Scott Kelby High Pass:

$Scott Kelby.jpg

Portraiture:

$Portraiture.jpg

Frequency Separate and Inverted High Pass:

$IMG_4424.jpg

Part One: Smoothing via Scott Kelby's High Pass Technique

Last edited by a moderator:
Part Two: Smoothing via Portraiture Plug-in

Part Three: Smoothing via Frequency Separation & Inverted High Pass Filter

I just skimmed through them all, but really nice job!

I'll upload them to Copy.com and you can download them to watch them offline later, if that helps?
That DOES help! We get unlimited downloads after midnight. I am never up that late, but DH is and he can download them for me! :happydance: I guess I really do have to take you out for wine now.

you and e.rose should get together and go wine tasting... pics or ban.

NOTE: I updated the OP to include the JPEGs of the images for comparison. :sillysmi:

I'll upload them to Copy.com and you can download them to watch them offline later, if that helps?
That DOES help! We get unlimited downloads after midnight. I am never up that late, but DH is and he can download them for me! :happydance: I guess I really do have to take you out for wine now.

you and e.rose should get together and go wine tasting... pics or ban.

Where was that said? :biglaugh:

I missed that.

I definitely want to watch these! But I'm going to wait til Disney Pixar Cars 2 isn't blasting on the TV next to my head while my 2 year old takes turns running around the living room and climbing my face.

I definitely want to watch these! But I'm going to wait til Disney Pixar Cars 2 isn't blasting on the TV next to my head while my 2 year old takes turns running around the living room and climbing my face.

Sounds like you're having an exciting time over there. :biglaugh:

Sounds like you're having an exciting time over there. :biglaugh:

Oh, you know.. just another day in the life of Jordan's mama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back