What's new

Do you want to go to bed?

I love this set (this & other post). Yes, this one is ever-so-slightly asymmetrical, which adds to it's appeal.
Kind of depressing, knowing where they are, but wonderful shots.

Thanks for sharing them.
 
I think making it symmetrical would detract markedly. It's supposed to be a little tense and off-kilter, it's a prison cell not a soothing still life.

What really makes it work is that green crap on the wall. Together with the light it gives it a slightly underwater feel, a sensation, perhaps, of drowning, which works well with the claustrophobic feeling of the cell. Plus, it just plain adds some visual pop.
 
I really like it, I thought it was HDR when I first looked at, it is a really nice job of what I think HDR should bring to the table.
 
Mish says this is HDR. I really like it!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
I think making it symmetrical would detract markedly. It's supposed to be a little tense and off-kilter, it's a prison cell not a soothing still life.

What really makes it work is that green crap on the wall. Together with the light it gives it a slightly underwater feel, a sensation, perhaps, of drowning, which works well with the claustrophobic feeling of the cell. Plus, it just plain adds some visual pop.
You have this crazy creepy place that has cheery green paint peeling off the wall.:confused: It really plays w/ your emotions. Thanks for the comment!!

I really like it, I thought it was HDR when I first looked at, it is a really nice job of what I think HDR should bring to the table.
What?!! No HDR fights in my thread...lol I agree w/ you, HDR made this shot.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!
 
This is one of the classic images i have ever seen; In history this will be reckoned as a Master's Work. Simply haunting and outstanding.... It is a really intelligent composition. :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #22
This is one of the classic images i have ever seen; In history this will be reckoned as a Master's Work. Simply haunting and outstanding.... It is a really intelligent composition. :D
WOW...Thank you!! Master's work? lol
 
A new coat of paint, a bottle of wine and some good French cheese, the right bunkmate and this could be pretty cozy. Thats one helluva image Michelle....really well done.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
A new coat of paint, a bottle of wine and some good French cheese, the right bunkmate and this could be pretty cozy. Thats one helluva image Michelle....really well done.
I don't think a bottle of wine would be enough...lol Maybe some tequila would do the trick!
Thanks for taking a look!!
 
mishele said:
Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favorite movies!! :thumbup:

Oh I had a whole quote to use but it would get censored pretty quickly. Just imagine the scene in the laundry room and that being the cause of the metal frame being broken on the right side bed. Ooooohhhh Andy.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #28
mishele said:
Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favorite movies!! :thumbup:

Oh I had a whole quote to use but it would get censored pretty quickly. Just imagine the scene in the laundry room and that being the cause of the metal frame being broken on the right side bed. Ooooohhhh Andy.
In one of the shower areas they had a tv set up. It was playing prison shower scenes from movies...lol They had the one from Shawshank in the mix w/ a bunch of others. It was pretty creepy watching movies about prison rapes while you were standing in the shower.
 
With a scene lit like this, I don't think you had a choice other than resorting to HDR. The result is pretty cool. Thumbs up! (I'm green with envy, just so you know :-P)

Did any of the interns take you up on your offer to go to bed?
 
Nice work Mishele, that is a fantastic shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom