Do you wear glasses?

hahah im pretty much stuck
my eyesight is like 20/200 or some ridiculous ratio and i have astigmatism so contacts are more difficult for me than others
ah well hahah gotta live with some things right? =P

Glasses = annoying. Really need to sort out some contact lenses.

I find if I'm shooting for a long time, I really suffer with eye strain and have to take a break.

Sometimes, I am older and wear bifocals, but my vision is 20/15 at distance. When I look through a viewfinder everything is usually in focus without glasses on. It is just when I try to see the controls that my arms sometimes need to be longer.

i need glasses in the morning...my eyes are fuzzy till around 9 or 10...i just don't know what i need for that...

Now my question....do you keep both eyes open when you shoot or do you close which ever one you're not looking thru the view finder thru. I've always closed my other eye but after a long shoot it tends to get tiring. I've tried keeping both eyes open but it just doesn't seem natural when I shoot.

I use both eyes when shooting moving objects and just one for stationary stuff.

I wear glasses but take them off when using the camera.

i need glasses in the morning...my eyes are fuzzy till around 9 or 10...i just don't know what i need for that...

you might just need to splash some cold water into your face in the morning to fully wake up!

jus kidding, happens to me too, sometimes in the morning i can't see some things right

Ugh! I just found out I needed glasses (I searched "glasses" to find this thread). I guess my distance vision is pretty bad, not awful. I have no idea. I guess one eye is really bad and the other isnt as bad. They said I should get contacts because of my severe astigmatism. I am kind of excited (maybe I will be able to actually see through my viewfinder instead of guessing) but nervous because I have no idea how to deal with glasses or contracts.

I wear my contacts.
If I dont have them on I have no idea if the picture is in focus or not.
haha pretty bad for a 15 year old.

I dont need them yet but it is coming for me. I know that Nikon also makes the magnifying attachment. That might help if you do wear galsses.

I don't have contacts but I've been thinking about getting them for this very reason. My left eye is dominate (meaning I use my left eye to look through the viewfinder) but my left eye has a stronger astigmatism than my right. I typically only wear glasses for reading/computer/tv watching but I worry that it effects my ability to focus when shooting.

I may have already posted in this thread a long time ago, but I'll say it again.

I got contacts at the age of 32. I'm 36 now and it's the best thing I have ever did my entire life. I can't believe I never got contacts long time ago. I've been wearing corrective lenses since 3rd grade, glasses from 3rd grade until I turned 32.

Edit: Nope, didn't post in this one. But there was another thread lengthier talking about glasses and contacts a while ago.

I have a pair of glasses, but I hardly ever use them, so no, I don't use my glasses for photography. I'm OK with the diopter on "minimum", and I can see into the distance, albeit a bit blurred.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back