Doctor pictures - C&C

adartsesirhc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was recently commissioned to photograph some doctors for a medical corporation. In this picture, I tried to use the specular highlight as a sort of halo behind him, for separation and to make the background less plain. I would have liked for his name to be clearer on the coat though.

Untitled by fryyourbrain, on Flickr

C&C would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hmm maybe if the highlight was higher I would get the impression of a halo, but wasnt my first thought.

Seems a bit underexposed to me. Also, would try to eliminate the elements in the background, as well as having him put his hand a little lower (to prevent limb chop). A crop wouldn't work in this case, I don't think, because you'd end up chopping the stethescope (sp?).

at least clone out the crap in the background.... especially if you are charging for this.

I was recently commissioned .... I would have liked for his name to be clearer on the coat.
These two statements are at odds with each other. This is the same as the doctor saying, "I would have liked to have removed all of the cancer from his lung." You need to make that happen, move him, adjust his coat, put a little piece of card behind the area with his name on it, that sort of thing.

Nicely sharp and good contact with subject.
I would get some light on his face then lighten and bring out the color in his eyes.
He is slightly off-center to the right-his left.
We live in an 8 x 10 world and, imo, 8x10 is a better aspect ratio for portraits and is cheaper/easier to find frames.

$7020290551_5f19a49b82_bllllll.jpg

You could have go him to uncross his arms which is why his name is bunched up in the first place.

Don't forget to fuss over the stethoscope. the head and earpieces should be at the same level. Generally, the earpieces point towards the body and the drum of teh stethoscope points outward.

Desi said:
Don't forget to fuss over the stethoscope. the head and earpieces should be at the same level. Generally, the earpieces point towards the body and the drum of teh stethoscope points outward.

Thanks. I had noticed that the head and earpieces weren't level, but I didn't think about turning the drum and earpieces.

Most reactions

Back