Does anybody collect knives or tools?

I guess you'd call me a collector as I have all the original packaging for every knife I've bought in the last forty years. Most are folders from companies like Spyderco, Benchmade and CRKT. On the other hand my edc is a knife I made from a kit I bought on line.

I collect pens in a drawer in the spare room. Some are black while others are blue and when I grab a red one its usually by accident and then I really run into a conundrum. If I put the red pen back there is a slight chance I will grab it again in the future by accident and if I dont put it back there is a slight chance my wide will notice it missing, what to do!

They used to make them (pens) out of Lead! A poisonous substance! Scandalous.

Too many toothpicks to mention.

Tweezers can hardly be found when you need them :(
I forgot the pen too :). Pen, tweezers, toothpick.

I guess you'd call me a collector as I have all the original packaging for every knife I've bought in the last forty years. Most are folders from companies like Spyderco, Benchmade and CRKT. On the other hand my edc is a knife I made from a kit I bought on line.
Spyderco is my favorite production knife company, awesome knives.

mine only had the tweezers and toothpick. It was before they added the pen.
Just out of curiosity, if you look where the cut out is for the corkscrew on the side where the corkscrew pivots, do you see a tiny hole in the red scale?

mine only had the tweezers and toothpick. It was before they added the pen.
Just out of curiosity, if you look where the cut out is for the corkscrew on the side where the corkscrew pivots, do you see a tiny hole in the red scale?
I don't see anything
IMG_9165.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG

Nope, it's not there. I'll take a pic of mine when I get home.

For 33+ years I collected knives and other assorted weapons. Mostly out of dead bodies at the crime scene. The good old fashion butcher knife seemed to be the weapon of choice by many. I will say that the occasional sword or two tended to make for a more interesting crime scene.

For 33+ years I collected knives and other assorted weapons. Mostly out of dead bodies at the crime scene. The good old fashion butcher knife seemed to be the weapon of choice by many. I will say that the occasional sword or two tended to make for a more interesting crime scene.
I couldn't imagine dying at the hands of a knife. I have never viewed knives as weapons either, farthest thought from my mind. Gives me chills thinking about it. I remember hearing that the one using the knife is just as likely to be injured using it

I couldn't imagine dying at the hands of a knife. I have never viewed knives as weapons either, farthest thought from my mind. Gives me chills thinking about it. I remember hearing that the one using the knife is just as likely to be injured using it
Not if you know how to use a knife. Knives and their big brother the sword have been used as weapons for thousands of years. That Swiss Army knife was developed for and sold to .......... Wait for it................Wait for it......................The Swiss Army in 1908. But one must keep in mind that a weapon is also a tool. Like any tool it can be used wisely or poorly.

I recently dumpster-dove for an almost-complete set of J.A. Henckel's kitchen knives with something that was fascinating to me: large-ish handles on every knife, made out of the same type and color of stainless steel as the blades. I have other chef's, other 6 and 8-inch slicers, and other serrated knives, but the ease of sanitizing and cleaning a knife with a unitized, stainless steel handle was too much to pass up. I got five out of the six knives of the set for free..one was missing...I added them to the collection that goes back to the 1970's. But no, not really much oa a knife nor tool collector per se.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back