Does anyone know a good forum where grown-up photographers meet?

I am with Flatline. Later TPF!

I held on for 7 years. Have to say this is the straw that broke the camels back.

I can write reams of paper on this site and it breaks my heart to log out. I wish the continuing members the best in their photographic journey. Admins... well...

I know how to get in touch with most of you folks. Anyone else can reach me at [email protected].

Love & Bass to all

Sucks to see you go Craig! :(
I don't really know you, but I thought your threads were very informative and hey, you like fugazi! :thumbup::lol:

thanks for the link to photocamel. never heard of before, but did some browsing and i liked it so i registered. :)

i've not really been here long enough to get to know any of ye but it's always a sad moment when long-term members feel they are being slighted and ignored by a forum administration that seemingly hasn't realized that it is just these members who have made the forum what it is. as someone else said it always seems to be just about the spondulicks these days.
i'll be sorry to see ye go because i won't now have the chance to become acquainted with any of you.

I signed up at the photocamel as well. Hope to see some familiar faces there.

I've been there a while and like it. A hint for anyone- if you're not really sure of something, research it a bit before posting over there. They're not usually nasty and won't generally put up with anything that would require a PACT but they usually do know their stuff if you know what I mean, ;)

You might try the forums over at Fred Miranda also: FM Forums

The nudes/glamour are grouped in with the People forum

Take a look at the last page - even wildlife could be under threat with acts of hunting, feeding and mating if TPF is being taken in a more direct PG direction.
Yes - perhaps one of the photos shows a butterfly in a too-revealing position?

I blatantly disagree with this... if anything, have a nude/NSFW section only. If anything, make it only admissible through a PM, or a over 18 thing, whatever. The total ban? Ridiculous. I'm not a nude photographer, and rarely view these type of images. But to ban it completely is complete - frankly - idiocy.

It's disappointing to see Flatline and Craig leave. Personally, I won't leave... but activity on this forum might go down a little. I do hope they reconsider their course of action.

I would suggest you take a look at www.photocamel.com but I have never participated in the glamor section of that site which is where the discuss nudes.

I also suggest the camel. You have to request entry into the nude sections, which is only a matter of verifying your age. The have glam/erotic and kiss my camel which is more on adult side.

i just registered on Photocamel as well... seems like a pretty good site. i have the same username as TPF...

its funny...i've been toying with supporting this site for a while now, but they've just made my decision for me. i will not, nor will i EVER, support a site which inhibits freedom of expression/speech.

If I think about it, why would anybody consider supporting a corporate site ?
If a site gets the majority of it's income from ads and other corporate revenue, then the other supporters are just fluff.

If a site gets the majority of it's income from ads and other corporate revenue, then the other supporters are just fluff.

i like to support things i believe in, which goes for commercial things as well.

I'll say this in hope that a few longer term members might catch it - but lets let the admin have one last chance to have their say on this - please - before we all jump ship to 50 different online forums dotted all around the net. TPF has a wonderfull core of members and it would be grealy saddening to see that core broken up and effectivly lost.

Give the admin one last chance for TPF - give the members and community (which is what we come back for far more than the admin ;)) one last standing chance. TPF (in my short time here) has had a very up and down history what with policy chances and site ownership changes, but its managed to hold on and rebuild after those. This however is appearing to be the most damaging hit its taken.

So give the community one last fighting chance -

oh, im not going anywhere, but i would like to establish my presence elsewhere just in case anything ever happens.

i like to support things i believe in, which goes for commercial things as well.

I wish I could get you to believe in me. Then I can ask for your support. ;)

I hope that all that have said they are leaving maybe just take a break. Maybe come back in a month, 3 months, what ever. Just give it a break and after a time period just see if something has changed back. I have done that with several sites. About half of them eventually went back to what made me upset or came up with a work around. Obviously they did it for a reason. I did not read the post as I rarely go to that section. But I do understand the complaints about it being removed. It seems without wide notice.

And if the site does not come back around. There will always be other forums to go to. The web is full of them.

Most reactions

Back