Does Anyone Use The Nikon Professional Cameras?

Shot this handheld with a D90/28-85 f3.5-4.5 in my yard. Sometimes it just happens.

DSC_0405_zps6e8a0dc1.jpg

Is this thread just boasting about I’m a pro and they’re not, I’m published and they’re not, my dads friend worked for Nat geo so I’m better?

Your logic is flawed and I agree with most of the others here, the photographer matters as much as if not more than the camera.

A pro grade camera does not and never will make anyone a better photographer.

If the reason for this thread is to blow smoke and congratulate yourself on what appears to have been a happy life well spent shooting and making a living, good on you, the whole thread to me just stinks of “I’m a pro and I’m awesome” if you’re a pro an awesome as you keep reminding everyone, you’d be able to mail the shots you speak of with a D750, most like any midrange d series and many other cameras, it may not be as easy to do it but it’s be possible 99% of the time.

I’d spend more time teaching / coaching those you are shooting with instead of rubbishing their equipment.

Anyway, that’s my 2c

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

I shoot a D5 and a d850 as well as a d4, 8-p, 7000 in the past. I still have them. I also have a Z7. I can get my shots with any of my cameras but sometimes you just need to reach for one over the other. For instance shooting a rodeo I reach for the D5. I have done it with the others but it is easier on the D5. For baseball or soccer the z7 or the 850 is strapped to the 500. Only when I want the buffer do I go to the D5 mostly. I will not get the d6 but will wait in the mirrorless version. I can get my shot pretty much with my newer bodies it is just easier sometimes with one of them and it is not lays the D5.

This thread was so inspiring I recently purchased a nice used D5. Hope I can hang out with the cool kids now

upload_2020-12-8_15-54-0.jpeg

It is a great camera, but I think I’m not going to keep it. I did a bunch of comparisons with the D850 and prefer the extra detail from the D850. The D5 does have better AF and is just more responsive overall though. If you are close to the subject you can still render nice detail, but often enough you just can’t get close enough
upload_2020-12-8_15-55-21.jpeg

Even heavy backlight is ok
upload_2020-12-8_15-56-3.jpeg

Most reactions

Back