Does the ad kill this photo?

elsapo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamwetdog.com
There's a lot I like about this photo and her expression. Simple question -- does the ad in the background kill it? Or am I my own worst critic? And is there a way to minimize it's impact?

I've recently begun shooting a documentary project in my neighborhood. For now, if you're interested you can find images at www.teamwetdog.com

1022market2-w.jpg

Thanks...

Robert

I would say: not a bit! :) It's a street scene, having stuff like that is fine as long as it's in the background like this. My eye still comes to rest on the woman in the foreground.

Nice shot! I like it.

In my opinion, i think it would look better without the ad, but thats just me. Good picture though, very migrant mother.

You should not ask about one part of a shot, now all I see is the ad so I would have to say yes. I would just let people tell you what they do or do not like about a shot. I really that it is in black and whte, I don't think it would say as much in color.
Also, "to me" it looks like there is a bright hase over the ladys face I can't tell if it is PS or just lighter part of the shot.

But I like the shot..

its weird, my eyes rest right on the lower neck area of the man with the blackjacket behind the korean woman, and i like it like that.

Rapala46 said:
its weird, my eyes rest right on the lower neck area of the man with the blackjacket behind the korean woman, and i like it like that.
Yup. Me too.
? - If the ad was removed would this stay the same ?

Verbal said:
I actually think they add to the picture... I really like it!

was the pun intended? :p

all joking aside, i dont think it takes away from it at all, thats from my personal openion though. i agree with verbal, it adds to it quite a bit :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back