Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shipping packaging...

When I ship I wrap the item/s in bubble wrap secure enough they won't be able to rattle around in an appropriately sized box.

Amazon did wrap it well.

What a waste, sigh..

Box comparison.jpg

Cheers, Don

Shipping packaging...

When I ship I wrap the item/s in bubble wrap secure enough they won't be able to rattle around in an appropriately sized box.

Amazon did wrap it well.

What a waste, sigh..

View attachment 193548
Cheers, Don

Was that tiny remote in that huge box??

That’s about right, then you get a bottle posted in just one of their card envelopes

I tell you what, Best Buy just throws it in a box with no fill. Done with them. Amazon probably had a chart on the advantage of wasting fill vs. returned gear due to packaging.

Better safe than sorry. Retail value, wholesale cost, cardboard box cost.Amazon wants your expensive merch to arrive undamaged. Either way, some customers complain. If you had ever seen package-handling crews, you'd probably understand. Imagine four flights and six loadings.

Other times they will stuff everything in a white envelope and shove it into a 6" square mail box. I have had more books bent in half...

If it arrives safely, then jib done.

I image the people that are boxing items sometimes run out of certain size boxes and are forced to keep production going by just stuffing the item into the smallest box (an oversized box) available and move on. Probably more their managers fault for not keeping stocked up on supplies. I tried to get a fishing license the other day at my local Walmart and they said they couldn't help me because the machine that prints out the license requires a particular type of paper and that they were out of it. Just poor management.

also can depend upon the COST and the amount of times that sort of item is STOLEN in the warehouses.

more expensive/higher theft means BIGGER boxes to avoid it walking home in someones pocket.

also can depend upon the COST and the amount of times that sort of item is STOLEN in the warehouses.

more expensive/higher theft means BIGGER boxes to avoid it walking home in someones pocket.
Yes, when I worked in the construction field many years ago, we built a Walmart Super Center in Moore, Ok. They kept cigarettes and diapers in a cage in the back. When I said something to one of their managers, he said it was to prevent employees from stealing them.

Yes, when I worked in the construction field many years ago, we built a Walmart Super Center in Moore, Ok. They kept cigarettes and diapers in a cage in the back. When I said something to one of their managers, he said it was to prevent employees from stealing them.
I was walmart for 6 years. 3 as low management. I know at least 40 different KNOWN customer theft scams, and a few dozen employee done scams

How about putting a lens in a big box.
BUT, it is put into one corner of the box, with no padding on that side, and all the padding on the other half. :grumpy:

I've also received fragile items in bubble envelopes.
It was a miracle that it survived going through the postal system.

How about putting a lens in a big box.
BUT, it is put into one corner of the box, with no padding on that side, and all the padding on the other half. :grumpy:

I've also received fragile items in bubble envelopes.
It was a miracle that it survived going through the postal system.
Fedex always leaves electronics in odd places. normally in puddles, snow drifts, and under the eaves when its raining out. OR they put it 30 feet from the road in broad daylight.

when people are visible hOME

Most reactions

Back