Photo number two shows a slight bit of blurring that looks like camera shake. The third photo shows the fibers of the thistle plant rendered crisply. I spent summers growing up on my grandparent's ranch, and to me an old thistle in that brown stage represents a particular time of year. In the background of the second photo I see a line of small trees that I am almost certain is a small brook or very tiny creek. The looseness of the barbed wire tells me that the fence is not in very good repair; the strands should be tight, and well-separated. So, even though the second shot is not all that great technically, the creek draw in the background, the loose yet not-yet-rusted 4-barb style of modern barbed wire, and the decayed stage of the thistle plant and the look of the pasture conveys a LOT of information. Shots 1 and 3 do not convey the same things,and so I prefer the middle shot for all the context that it shows me.