DOF practice

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for random stuff to practice my DOF on the other day while walking my dog, and came across this.... contraption. I picked my three favorites out of the bunch I took.
What can make these more interesting? They seem a little dull for me, although the yellow certainly helps.

#1. (Is the DOF too strong?)

100_5578.jpg

#2. (I know this one isn't perfectly in focus)
100_5581.jpg

#3. (My favorite, although I cut off the edges by accident.)
100_5584.jpg

Hello

I give you a few comments:

- n°1: I think colour of chain and bachground are too similar. it does not help your picture, but what s about DOF is OK.
- n°2: totally out of focus i think :er:
- n°3: the most interesting of your serie. Bad luck that the light on the 2nd button was so strong. But the focus & DOF are good. If you can shoot it again maybe try to put the 2 button in a diagonal or take different configuration to see how to mak eit more efficient. But this one has some potential. :thumbup:

Mat ;)

Did you zoom in on the chain in Photo 2?
It seems like the blurriness is camera shake more than just a not-perfect focus. The more you zoom, the more light your camera requires, so the longer it will expose. If you are not prepared for the considerably longer exposure, you might easily get camera shake.

I second what Monsieur Matthieu says about your last photo and also deplore the fact that the second ... erm ... whatever these are called ... is cut off a little. But, heehee :lol:, I like the "Made in Germany"-writing. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back