Doing dumb things

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The office was only going to be open a half day today, so I decided to take the morning off as well and go shoot photos. I got up two hours before dawn, loaded the gear in the Jeep and took off. It was a fairly long drive to some beautiful mountains I hadn't been to in years.

It was only when I arrived that I remembered: I had decided to charge the camera battery last night. It was still sitting in the charger, plugged into the wall at home. My camera doesn't do very much without a battery.

I laughed. At least I had a very pleasant hike.

Too bad.

I could see this happening to me, so that's another reason why I went ahead and bought a second battery to keep in my bag.

That is a huge bummer. I bought a converter to plug into the cig. lighter to charge everything in the car.

Oh well, I bet you won't forget it again.:mrgreen:

I didn't mean to sound whiny. I thought it was funny even at the time. I'm prone to such oversights. I've made my peace with that tendency.

I didn't mean to sound whiny. I thought it was funny even at the time. I'm prone to such oversights. I've made my peace with that tendency.

In that case pick up a Canon EF, or any one of the older models to keep as a backup. Yeah, if those batteries die on you out in the field the you'll loose your meter but the camera still functions and you can take photos.

yep that sounds familiar... we drove hours out to the valley to hike and i realized i'd grabbed the wrong camera bag... i had a camera body but no lens. definitely a mistake you don't make twice...
;)

Happened to me once so I always switch it for a pre-charged back up. I also always put my nifty 50 on when I am not using it so it is always ready to go :)

"At these kind of prices that should never happen again. Of the 8 batteries I own 6 are from Sterlingtek and the preform flawlessly."

That hadn't even occurred to me. Good idea.

At least I had a very pleasant hike.

Glad to hear you made the most of it.

I drove 60 miles one moonless night to try shooting star trails without light pollution. Set up my lawn chair and the rest of my junk. I left my storage cards at home. I sat in the dark for 30 minutes so that I would not forget my experience.

Once I forgot all my cards and it was a portrait shoot. Then I remembered my emergency spare 2GB that I taped inside my glove box. Thank god.

Well in the future back up always have back ups. I always have more than I need. Id rather carry the extra weight than be without something.

Shooting in the wrong mode and didn't notice (no chimping at all - twas the early days when the camera knew more than me*) Result was a totally blown out series of shots that even a novice could see had gone very very wrong

*sometimes I think it still does too ;)

Shooting in the wrong mode and didn't notice (no chimping at all - twas the early days when the camera knew more than me*) Result was a totally blown out series of shots that even a novice could see had gone very very wrong

*sometimes I think it still does too ;)

God I hate that. I have done that a couple of times when I accidentally bumped the dial and changed the mode. I wish that Canon would put some kind of stop on their dial or require you to pull up on it to change it the setting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back