gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. :)

I don't know if it's just me personally or if my photography has totally gone off in another direction which people just don't like at the moment...
because in the last 4/5 threads I've posted I've only had like one person reply to each. (rough estimate)

I know this just seems to happen with certain images that people just have nothing to comment on, but it's like... Bleh! :er:

I'm just finding it weird as to why there is nobody commenting (and I'll say it's not just here, it's in other places aswell where I have posted these recent images) and therefore I can't see where I'm going wrong or no how to improve them.

Anyway</rant>

Happy happy joy joy.

Matt :lol:

Hello. :)

I don't know if it's just me personally or if my photography has totally gone off in another direction which people just don't like at the moment...
because in the last 4/5 threads I've posted I've only had like one person reply to each. (rough estimate)

I know this just seems to happen with certain images that people just have nothing to comment on, but it's like... Bleh! :er:

I'm just finding it weird as to why there is nobody commenting (and I'll say it's not just here, it's in other places aswell where I have posted these recent images) and therefore I can't see where I'm going wrong or no how to improve them.

Anyway</rant>

Happy happy joy joy.

Matt :lol:

I don't think its your photography, it seems there are a lot of new members at the moment all posting new threads which means threads move down the page very quickly.

Also, and this is from my experience, I was new once, new members sometimes feel they they are too new to comment. Why this is I don't know as this is without doubt the most friendlily(sp?) forum there is.

Other than last week I normally try to reply to every post in Landscape / Nature, even if my reply is just "great shots" its better than not replying, in my mind, but over the past 2 months I've noticed more and more threads without replies, which saddens me.

Forums die without replies

The other week I started a thread in the Subscribers forum entitled "No Replies" which was a rant on my part about the lack of replies, which by the way got a whole ONE reply :lol:

I guess it might help if there were more section to the galleries so that posts wouldn't drop so quickly but that means a lot more work on the part of the MODS, even more areas to moderate, keeping the peace and keeping the spam away

Ok cool.
Aslong as it's not me and we're all in it together.
Makes me feel a whole lot better :p

I must admit that I find it difficult to keep up with all the posts and usually just keep an eye out for certain peoples posts :)

I don't like to give Critique unless it's asked for and thats what i'd comment for most images around :)

I generally only respond to posts where I feel i can add something or if a particular image moves me in some way.

It's difficult to reply to everything and i too have posted with very little feedback.

Just down to who is online at the time. keep trying :) The post name makes a big difference in whether I'll look or not too....

Another thing is often this time of year....at least to me it seems....posting goes down just a tad....not only is it a busy time of year for many, it's also a time fo year where people are on their computer less because it's SO BEAUTIFUL out, and they've finally been released from the prison that is winter.

I know I post a bit less this time of year. ....plus I've been on vacation for like, 1/2 of this past month. :p

I feel you too, you're not doing anything wrong :)

I'm in the same boat as JD I don't generally comment unless I feel I have something to contribute and for me, being one of the novices, it doesn't happen too too often.

I want to comment on peoples pictures but im not very good at expressing why I like certain pictures, so my scale is like, good, very good, and awesome but I dont want to leave that in every thread because that becomes redundant and loses its meaning (so im very selective right now).

Once I read more comments made by the more experienced people I can learn more terms (such as color, composition, etc) and understand them then hopefully in the future my comments will consist of more than just "AWESOME!!!"

The funny thing with what you say is that you don't HAVE to be an experience photographer to say what you like about a photograph!

You say what you see and thats what you like.

Of course more technical comments can be made about more photographic based principals, but thats not what people see in the picture and makes them like it.

Simple.
You could like the position of the subject, say so.
Say what colours you like.
Say what subjects within the image that you like.
And many more.

They also work opposite for which you don't like.
Of course with this approach it's not going to be as consturctive, but photography is a subjective world and people need to understand other peoples opinions, but know that at the end of the day it is "their art".

Most reactions

Back