DONATING! Olympus OM-2 W/Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

Oh my god, I just sat down with some tea and when I saw this, I almost spilled it all over me. I'm so excited and grinning like a fool :sun: Thank you so so so SO much! I promise I'll do right by the Oly. I can clean her up and I already have some good self-adhesive craft felt that I bought specifically for light sealing old cameras, so should be all ready to go!

I'll PM my address.

fantastic! that's exactly what the Oly needs!
we have no doubt it is going to a good home.
i am on shift tomorrow, so i will try and get it boxed up and shipped out sometime monday.
I ship everything USPS priority mail. should be at your door before the end of the week.
enjoy!

Wooooo awesome - congrats Limr!! :)

We were out estate sale shopping today and I picked up a Zeiss Ikon 522/24 35mm camera from 1948 that seemingly works!!

Honestly the reason I want this camera is because I just saw it at a local salvation army and had no cash on me
when I went to an atm and came back the camera was sold. it was either this model or the OM-1 I can't remember
but I figure I have another chance at this camera so why not

with that being said my list of gear is as followed

Polaroid 600
Minolta 3xi with 80mm lens
a couple holgas
canon ti
kodak pony 135
im also in the process of converting an old polaroid speedliner to use 600 film
I have two and may considering donating one down the line.

Wooooo awesome - congrats Limr!! :)

We were out estate sale shopping today and I picked up a Zeiss Ikon 522/24 35mm camera from 1948 that seemingly works!!

That is a really nice find! Might need a bit of cleaning and sealing as well, but that will be great to shoot with. Crazy sharp lens.

Congrats Leonore! I'm excited to see it go to a good home (not that any of you other guys wouldn't have been a good home too-I'm sure you would have) and excited to see what you can do with it! I will warn you: you will get a LOT of middle aged guys telling you stories of their Olympus OM cameras. Take it as a good thing-there's a reason these things were so incredibly popular. ENJOY! And even as a non-entrant, thanks Pixmedic for doing this kind of thing and restoring my faith in humanity. I may have to try this with something-maybe if I can fix that XG-7, I'll do it.

Since replacing seals came into the conversation, I've read that the velvet from the inner edges of a film cartridge can be used. I haven't yet tried it and forget offhand what adhesive is recommended (in my Tomosy repair book).

The owner of a local camera store that since retired and closed up shop told me to use the loop? (soft) side of Velcro. I tried that for a mirror bumper and it worked nicely, for as long as the camera continued to work anyway! which was a number of years.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your 'new' camera Leonore! nice of you Pixmedic to do this (and I like your wife, hmm what quilting supplies/sites was she looking at?? I'm more a photographer than a quilter but dabble in that too).

Congrats! Oly went to a great home!

And great things you two are doing, donating. Really. Can't remember when I read something similar...

camera is in the mail as of this morning.
USPS guesstimate ETA is thursday or friday.

It's here, it's here! Can you tell I'm excited? :) I can't wait to dive into learning how to use this little beauty, but it will have to wait until after my final paper and exam are finished tomorrow afternoon. Writing this paper about Contract Administration is torturous enough - now on top of that, I have to ignore the Oly for the next 18 hours??? :banghead:

It's here, it's here! Can you tell I'm excited? :) I can't wait to dive into learning how to use this little beauty, but it will have to wait until after my final paper and exam are finished tomorrow afternoon. Writing this paper about Contract Administration is torturous enough - now on top of that, I have to ignore the Oly for the next 18 hours??? :banghead:

Hope you will enjoy using it! (or at least use it period)
feel free to ditch the hippy strap.
the leather case is nice though, and I liked that the top part comes off and the rest is a half case.

I still have a fair amount of hippy left in me, so I just might keep the groovy strap :) And I agree about the case - I like that the front cover can come off so it doesn't get in the way of shooting.

Once my final exam is over and I get the Christmas tree set up, I'll have all day Sunday and Monday to play - woot! :)

I still have a fair amount of hippy left in me, so I just might keep the groovy strap :) And I agree about the case - I like that the front cover can come off so it doesn't get in the way of shooting.

Once my final exam is over and I get the Christmas tree set up, I'll have all day Sunday and Monday to play - woot! :)
Mega Hippy strap envy here. just sayin Ed

What?! It's only a few days away. How long are you going to wait? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back