I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, the quest continues to replace camera bags. I picked up another large Tenba Messenger bag because the Pelican just doesn't quite hold as much stuff as I want to put in it. I love the Tenba bags, and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great camera bag that will last as long as your gear. The pelican actually holds quite a bit of gear as you can kinda see from the pictures, and it is one of the most ruggedly built camera bags i have ever seen. I have no doubt this camera bag is built to outlive several sets of camera gear. I mean, its Pelican. :thumbup:

Now, I know what you are thinking...."Gee Pixmedic, how can I get a totally tubular, gnarley, and wicked bodacious camera bag like that Pelican?" Funny you should ask that, because like many things coming out of the medic household, I am Donating this camera bag. I don't think i really need to go over the entire donation speech since most of you already get the general idea. I will however, list a few bullet points on who I would like to see get this bag, and a few other important details.

who I would like to see get this camera bag:
1: someone who needs someplace to put their camera gear.
2: a reasonably active and contributory member of the forum.

A few other details:
We cover all shipping costs. this will come to your door with zero(0) dollars ($$) out of your pocket.
that being said...we ship USPS priority flate rate. (continental US and Alaska only) No, we will not ship somewhere else if you pay for shipping. I apologize for this, but i feel it goes against the spirit in which these things are donated.

Me and the wife reserve the right to alter and/or cancel this donation at any time for any dumb old reason.
Gear is obviously NOT included in the donation, its just there for illustration purposes.
this bag is ridiculously versatile. It has access zippers on the top and on the side.
This bag is in mint condition. It is practically brand new.

to be considered for this bag, please provide a list of your gear, what it is currently in, and what you want to put in this bag. pics wouldn't hurt either.
do NOT just point me towards your signature....
if you cant write a little something, you wont make it far up the list.

I have the bag set up to access from the side, like my Tenba bag, but it can also be accessed from the top.
what is not obvious from the pictures, is that the bottom of this bag, and the sides, are completely covered in velcro. this means you can move the dividers anywhere in the bag and they will stick. very nice.
View attachment 64999

in the vertical position, it can accessed from the "top" of the bag making for easy access if you are carrying it by the shoulder straps.
View attachment 64995

horizontal orientation with large zippered access flap. you can see the two side pockets from here as well as well as the classy Pelican logo.
View attachment 64994

hand straps with Velcro latchey thingy as well as shoulder strap. both complete with Pelican logo.
View attachment 64996

Bottom of the bag (or side if you set it up horizontal) with straps and draw string for tripod, monopod, umbrella, stands, oxygen tank, or whatever.
View attachment 64997

Did i mention this was a pretty bada$$ camera bag?

Last edited:
My second hand bag is rather tattered and I could use this. Please consider me .

I could use this. I don't like how I have to access my lowepro and was looking at replacing it; plus it barely fits all my equip. Would be willing to donate some old Pentax manual lens and 55mm filters (yellow, red, warming).

oops...I TOTALLY forgot to add something.

to be considered for this bag, please provide a list of your gear, what it is currently in, and what you want to put in this bag. do NOT just point me towards your signature....
if you cant write a little something, you wont make it far up the list.

Last edited:
One Nikon D200 with MBD 200, One Nikon D200 720nm IR conversion with MB D200 , One 17-35 f/3.5 tamron AF lens, one 28-200 AF D Nikkor, One 70-300 Tamron Macro zoom, one 50 f/1.8 AI S Nikkor lens.

and a Tenba bag that has seen better days.

Hey Pix, do I need the 25 foot van or will one of the little trailers be enough? When I come clean out that closet of stuff that you keep donating from ;) lol

NOTE: I am NOT putting my name in the hat here. I have enough bags for my stuff (for now)!

The pelican actually holds quite a bit of gear as you can kinda see from the pictures, and it is one of the most ruggedly built camera bags i have ever seen. I have no doubt this camera bag is built to outlive several sets of camera gear. I mean, its Pelican. :thumbup:

And yet not shaped like Pelican, which I find rather dissapointing really.

Now, I know what you are thinking...."Gee Pixmedic, how can I get a totally tubular, gnarley, and wicked bodacious camera bag like that Pelican?"

Actually I was thinking - how old is that Pepsi? I mean the can is kind of warmish.. when did I sit that down? Sometime today, it must have been. I mean should I take a sip or go get another one?

Funny you should ask that, because like many things coming out of the medic household, I am Donating this camera bag. I don't think i really need to go over the entire donation speech since most of you already get the general idea. I will however, list a few bullet points on who I would like to see get this bag, and a few other important details.

Well maybe not the whole dontation speech - just the middle part. You know, the whole ask not what your forum can do for you, damn the torpedo's full speed ahead part. I always liked that part.

who I would like to see get this camera bag:
1: someone who needs someplace to put their camera gear.
2: a reasonably active and contributory member of the forum.

Well, I just bought a tamrac cyberpack 8 plus I've always been kind of a jerk - ok, well maybe not kind of, so I might not be making the top of the list here.. lol

Me and the wife reserve the right to alter and/or cancel this donation at any time for any dumb old reason.

Ah, the old Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown clause. Good shoe old man, good show.. lol. Oh, and just for clarification also not throwing my name in the hat either. Not that I think if I did I'd wind up tied to a train track somewhere - I'm sure those are just rumors... rotfl

I would love to have it! My gear is a Nikon D5100, lens 18-55 and 55-300 and a basic tripod that was given to me. I have a Lowepro basic camera bag. Here are the pics of my gear.

$image-4018169526.jpg

$image-663825584.jpg

$image-3471749738.jpg

I have a gripped 110 Instamatic with a toilet paper roll lens hood and two flash cubes.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here and reveal my thinning hair. This would be a perfect bag for me, as I'm usually dragging around multiple cameras. Here's my list of what I actually use:

Olympus Evolt E-450 (tripod/product photography only)
Olympus OM-1n (was my dad's)
Minolta XG-SE (was my grandfather's)
Hasselblad 1600f
Hasselblad 2000FC/M

I currently use my grandmother's old Sherpa bag that's practically new, but too small for dragging three/four cameras and any sort of accessories around, though it is good for one or two cameras. What I usually haul with me: one of the Rollei TLRs I work on, Hasselblad 1600f, and Minolta XG-SE, though I will be replacing my Olympus E-450 soon and will carry its replacement with me, so I definitely need the room. I'll be shooting landscapes, testing Rolleis, and taking shots of my son for the most part.

I love that these kinds of threads exist here. Never seen them anywhere else.

I'd appreciate a chance at an actually functional camera bag. Right now I have everything in a Lowepro Computer Daypack (have to rotate stuff out), which is great if you have a >15" computer, but mines 17" and the camera compartment doesn't really hold much. I've got a D5100, gripped D200, 18-55mm, 18-70mmm 55-300mm, assorted filters and cards, SB-27 speedlight, flashlight, pens, notebook, cables and other random stuff. Then I could pass along my Lowepro to someone that needs to carry a laptop.

I have a gripped 110 Instamatic with a toilet paper roll lens hood and two flash cubes.

is that what you use to take pictures of your 16 kids and the broken tractor? :mrgreen:

I miss my Pentax 110 super. If i were to actually get back into film, that's what I would get. I guess it technically had a "grip"...but back then we just called it an auto winder. "Grips" were larger and had the handle with the shutter release button.

oops...I TOTALLY forgot to add something.

to be considered for this bag, please provide a list of your gear, what it is currently in, and what you want to put in this bag. do NOT just point me towards your signature....
if you can't write a little something, you wont make it far up the list.

See sig.

Lol.

I have the D600, the 70-300, 24-70, 85mm, 50mm, and two flashes. I'm planning on acquiring a 70-200 2.8 soon.

I currently have this Lowepro that I am beginning to dislike it the more I go out and shoot.

IMAG0029_1.jpg

It's incredibly inconvenient to use out in the field to shoot. If I need to change I lens I must remove the backpack fully, set it down, unzip the entire thing and pull out what I need, zip it back up and toss it back over my shoulders. This is fine if youre in a situation were you can set it down in one spot and go back to it, but if you're on the move--not so much. I'd much rather have something I can carry on my shoulder, swing in front of me and pull out without having to completely remove.

Mine's fairly large and I tend to over pack as well since I have the space, looks like that Pelican bag is a touch smaller and would be a nice change. And Like I said, I've already starting surfing different bags online; I'll be taking a trip to CA in May and would like to just bring my 24-70 and 70-200 and this looks like it would be the perfect bag for the trip (plan on driving up the coast from Santa Barbara to SF).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back