*DONATING* Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 pre-AI Nikon mount (EX+)

well, there you have it folks...take all this information and make of it what you will. i know it worked fine on my D90 and D100, your mileage may vary.
I would say its buyer beware, but i'm giving it away. so anyone that is still interested, let me know. ill let the thread run a week(ish) and see if anyone's interested. I took a quick pic with the lens on the D90.. its blurry, but i just snapped a quick shot to show that it DOES work on the D90.

View attachment 21076

I would love to have it. I am a senior in hs and looking for a new lens for my D5100

Pixmedic remove me from the running I would rather the impoverished high school kid get it. I am poor but I know what its like to be in high school .

After some deliberation, we have decided to donate this lens to snowbear for his Son starting College. this will be a great lens to compliment his film camera, and if he is taking any photography classes, it will get well used. This lens was a bit troublesome as far as determining what it will and will not work on, but either way, snowbear's son has two cameras that the lens will work on. Congratulations snowbear and son.

We thank you! Yes, Jeremy is attending his first semester at the Delaware College of Art and Design as a photo major. He enjoys shooting film, and is looking forward to taking the photo classes at DCAD - they have a great darkroom.

Again, thank you, both.

They have arrived, safe and sound.

Unfortunately, I had to take Lazy_lobster back to school this morning, since he had classes this afternoon. He is back home every other weekend (coinciding with paydays!) but he may be down this weekend. If not, he'll definitely get them on the 19th. I guess it won't do any harm to test them for him ;)

test away. looking forward to the results! Hopefully your son will be pleased.

Initial test on the D40 as expected - they work fine in manual, since there's no way for the body to adjust the aperture. He'll have to guess at the metering but with it being digital, it's not a big deal - the same is true for my AI-S 105. The N90s does meter with them, but (again, as expected) manual mode only. Since he is comfortable with manual, he'll be fine.

I'll post a shot of him with the lenses when he gets them.

Jeremy has his lenses! He came home this weekend instead of next (just as well with the storm coming). he is happy with them and will certainly put them to good use.

Again, we want to thank pixmedic for his generosity. Jeremy agrees that when he decides to replace these with something newer, he will give them to someone else whom is starting out.

View attachment 24287

Most reactions

New Topics

Back