Dont it make you crazy

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
when the cameras you used to make a living, and considered state of th art, are now considered vintage.

I consider vintage 1930 or maybe pre ww2 and earlier, but I see references to mamiya 330 and rollie as vintage. My god I remember shooting my first wedding with a rolliecord. As a matter of fact it is worth the same thing now as when I bought it used in 1968.

Anyway I find it interesting... I guess it's like what age do you consider people old.

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
mysteryscribe said:
when the cameras you used to make a living, and considered state of th art, are now considered vintage.

I consider vintage 1930 or maybe pre ww2 and earlier, but I see references to mamiya 330 and rollie as vintage. My god I remember shooting my first wedding with a rolliecord. As a matter of fact it is worth the same thing now as when I bought it used in 1968.

Anyway I find it interesting... I guess it's like what age do you consider people old.

Yeah, not even mentioning the Canon A1 series of 20+ years ago. They go as 'collectible' now.:roll:

Well, one would say a real 'collectible/antique camera' should be at least 50 years unless, of course, comes from a very small run or is a prototype. Alas, not all 50+ years cameras are collectible, for the box cameras of yesteryear are a dime a dozen. I still have a nice Zeiss Baby Tengor metal box camera from the 30s which I don't consider it highly collectible by any means.

Most reactions

New Topics