Don't know what to do

Should I sell it?

• Total voters

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Here's the story: I dream of a DSLR (Nikon D70 or Canon 10D) there's only one problem, I ain't got the money :(
But hey, I'm soooo smart. I have a 20 year old piano which I haven't used for about 10 years (and I'm not going to try it again).
Should I sell it?

my theory is...if your not using it, someone else can!!

md

My suggestion: sit down and play the piano first. See if any of those feelings come back. If there's just no interest and you know that love is gone, then go ahead and sell it. It could very well be your artistic passion has changed forever to photography.

If, however, while playing, you still feel the tug...don't do it!! You may not want it as intensely right now, but you might within a few years, and you already have it, ready and waiting. You are hesitating long enough to ask this question, which is very telling in and of itself.

Go tinkle the ivories and let your gut reaction guide you here. Trust your gut reaction, too. No second-guessing. :wink:

Tell us what happens!! :D

Great Advice Terri. I'm starting to think you need to have your own forum area on TPF called "Ask Terri"!

core_17 said:
Great Advice Terri. I'm starting to think you need to have your own forum area on TPF called "Ask Terri"!

Ok, that made me laugh out loud.

Call it: "Ask Aunt Terri" and Chase might go for it.

:lmao:

Hmm I wouldn't sell it... I'm too many difficulities with getting rid of things I don't need anymore...
BUT: If you decide to sell it... talk with your parents first... you are at my age and I know how they can behave :p

in 10 years time the camera will be worthless *not really but only a fraction of what you paid for it, if it still works*, but the piano would still be there *may need tuning* and you may enjoy having it around if you have a family. Also its a nice decoration piece. But if you dont use it, it would get you the camera, that you could make money from and then you could afford a better piano later on. *smirks*.

I sold my electric guitar to buy a film scanner. I don't regret it at all... It's not my main instrument and I've gotten much more use out of the scanner than I would have the guitar.

voodoocat said:
I sold my electric guitar to buy a film scanner. I don't regret it at all... It's not my main instrument and I've gotten much more use out of the scanner than I would have the guitar.

But you still have your violin! Right?

Let the boy play his piano and mull it over.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back