What's new

Don't sue me afoto, for copying you :P

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw really red clouds, when I got off work. So I drove to an extremely secret location to get some shots of it. I was too late, however. So I drove to another location where I still saw some colour in the sky. When I was shooting, I had afoto's photos in mind all the time :)

I wish I had ND filter, though. f/22 and ISO-100 gave me a shutter speed of 4 seconds, apprx. I've had to expose for the water and the sky separately, and mask in in PS. Also reduced the clarity of the water, and blurred it some more in PS.

I've got four shots, one colour and one bw of each. One composition with lots of sky, and one with more foreground. What do you think?

1

1 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

1.2

1 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

2

2 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

2.1

2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr


Thank you for sharing opinions! :)
 
Im afraid there isnt enough colour, but the blue works well, but the b and w works best i reckon. I like 3, the negative space works
 
3 is my fav as well.
Thanks for sharing views.
 
hey compaq,

hahaha i'm so flattered! i also like the 3rd one.
do you have some water drops on the top right corner of lens in the first two?

you should get a nd and try again! i say the longer the shutter speed the better.
 
Yes, how dare you not use selective color in your B&Ws...

I really like the last one. It has a dreamy feel without being cliche and is very simple.
 
hey compaq,

hahaha i'm so flattered! i also like the 3rd one.
do you have some water drops on the top right corner of lens in the first two?

you should get a nd and try again! i say the longer the shutter speed the better.

Water drops, might be. I had some weird stuff I had to (try) to clone out. Might be water, but I can't understand how those got there. Calm waters, no splashing whatsoever. It's a mystery! :) Or are you referring to the weird clouds?

Yup, after looking at your shots, my wish (and therefore huge need lol) for an ND filter (8 stops or something) has increased!

jowensphoto (is your name Jowen?), exactly my thoughts. Dreamy and simple.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom