Don't wanna end up on here! LOL!!!

that is funny.

but I'm questioning their ethics.

presumably the owner of the site is a pro-tographer ... Yet, here they are, stealing images, editing them, and putting them on their website.

Is that legal?? To steal someone's photo....I mean I know they are bad but is that legal???

naptime said:
that is funny.

presumably the owner of the site is a pro-tographer ... Yet, here they are, stealing images, editing them, and putting them on their website.

They're not editing the pics. They're screen captures from fauxtographers FB pages. The pics you see were edited by the photographer themselves.

naptime said:
that is funny.

They're not editing the pics. They're screen captures from fauxtographers FB pages. The pics you see were edited by the photographer themselves.

Yeah, but is that legal...even if they are crappy photo's...steal them?

I have to think half of those come from some kid's facebook who has photoshop. NO ONE in their right mind with a camera would think that some of that stuff is decent.

Then there are the ones that are quite obviously thinking they are pretty darned good... I feel bad for them! It's like picking on the handicapped kid because he walks funny.

naptime said:
that is funny.

Keith could elaborate on this better than I, but no, not in the context it is done.
1. they do not claim to own the image in any way.
2. it is not for profit
3. it is in an "educational" discussion type setting... Granted, one which is questionable, but that is the spirit in which it is supposedly done... Kind of "what not to do..."

LOL nice Luv, I was going to use that link for another thread. That site should be used in every photography classroom, it's kind of like a health class, and that the result of careless photography and post processing.

im always torn on these. because one side of me just feels like these guys are sad for hunting around for people to make fun of. but then the other side of me looks at the pics and thinks that some of them are pretty funny.

im always torn on these. because one side of me just feels like these guys are sad for hunting around for people to make fun of. but then the other side of me looks at the pics and thinks that some of them are pretty funny.

I feel the same way.

Yeah this site was really funny...

8 months ago, when it first launched.

Awesome, I know where to send my brides who are thinking of getting Uncle Tom to cover their wedding, added to bookmarks, cheers for posting:lol:

naptime said:
that is funny.

Look up "Fair Use."

Strange how when I posted this months ago, I got nothing but flak for it. I was surprised to see your post was generally well accepted. :p

Look up "Fair Use."

Strange how when I posted this months ago, I got nothing but flak for it. I was surprised to see your post was generally well accepted. :p

Damn that's pretty bad. Some people just need to get a sense of humour, really.

I stopped looking at that site. It's just too painful to see the pictures on there.

I agree! Ever seen the "People of Walmart" stuff? Painful also.. in a totally different way!

naptime said:
that is funny.

and on some of them, the site owner has scribbled out the photographers watermark. or cropped them.

that is editing the photo.

dont get me wrong, every photo on there, deserves to be there.

but this person is editing the photos, and that aint right. and they claim to be a photographer themselves, they should know better.

Most reactions

Back