Don't wanna end up on here! LOL!!!

They're not editing the pics. They're screen captures from fauxtographers FB pages. The pics you see were edited by the photographer themselves.

Yeah, but is that legal...even if they are crappy photo's...steal them?
Keith could elaborate on this better than I, but no, not in the context it is done.
1. they do not claim to own the image in any way.
2. it is not for profit
3. it is in an "educational" discussion type setting... Granted, one which is questionable, but that is the spirit in which it is supposedly done... Kind of "what not to do..."

but, in many, the owner of the site, IS editing them.

can we agree that crossing out the photographers watermark is considered editing a photo?

that's what i meant by them editing.

Yeah, but is that legal...even if they are crappy photo's...steal them?
Keith could elaborate on this better than I, but no, not in the context it is done.
2. it is not for profit
3. it is in an "educational" discussion type setting... Granted, one which is questionable, but that is the spirit in which it is supposedly done... Kind of "what not to do..."

can we agree that crossing out the photographers watermark is considered editing a photo?

Jay, while I totally agree with you... I think that editing out the watermark is actually doing a photographer a favor.

It will prevent a lot of hate mail coming their way. Which I guess is a good thing?

2. it is not for profit

Jay, while I totally agree with you... I think that editing out the watermark is actually doing a photographer a favor.

It will prevent a lot of hate mail coming their way. Which I guess is a good thing?

i'm on the bridge on that one...

one one hand, i agree with you. why mess with a persons bread and butter.

on the other hand, i almost want to know who they are, so people i know never use them.

but then, on the other hand.. perhaps they have grown and learned from their mistakes, so why punish them in the future for misdeeds of the past.

but then, on the other hand, some of them probably have not grown or learned, because they already are GREAT!

all i know...

gimme two week with my DSLR, and i'm creating a watermark, a facebook page, and a website.. WOO.. pro status here i come !!! :lol:

Yeah this site was really funny...

8 months ago, when it first launched.

when it launched 8 months ago, everyone didnt know about it.

so now its funny to new people.

and in 8 months it'll be funny to a new batch of people.

why the negativity?

Because it's old. There were like 6 posts about it in one week when it first launched. It may be new to you, but the OP is late to the party. REALLY LATE.

I fail to see the negativity. I didn't bash the OP for posting the link, I just mentioned that it's old news on these forums.

I understand you didn't know about it. I wasn't ragging on you for enjoying it.

I guess I'm sorry if that offended you?

Well, I'm not really. That was kind of disingenuous.

Yeah this site was really funny...

8 months ago, when it first launched.

why the negativity?

Because it's old. There were like 6 posts about it in one week when it first launched. It may be new to you, but the OP is late to the party. REALLY LATE.

I fail to see the negativity. I didn't bash the OP for posting the link, I just mentioned that it's old news on these forums.

lmao... as i was reading i was thinking.. tyler... sorry if he offended me.... is he off his meds? :lol:

why the negativity?

lmao... as i was reading i was thinking.. tyler... sorry if he offended me.... is he off his meds? :lol:

Well, Naptime... I did stop smoking weed as regularly. Maybe I should adjust that ;)

Well, Naptime... I did stop smoking weed as regularly. Maybe I should adjust that ;)

LAUGH OUT LOUD.

CONSIDER IT ADJUSTED.

naptime said:
that is funny.

but I'm questioning their ethics.

presumably the owner of the site is a pro-tographer ... Yet, here they are, stealing images, editing them, and putting them on their website.

They're not editing the pics. They're screen captures from fauxtographers FB pages. The pics you see were edited by the photographer themselves.

and on some of them, the site owner has scribbled out the photographers watermark. or cropped them.

that is editing the photo.

dont get me wrong, every photo on there, deserves to be there.

but this person is editing the photos, and that aint right. and they claim to be a photographer themselves, they should know better.
And if they hadn't edited out the authors name somebody would be bitching about that instead.

Hopefully Georgie won't see this, so you're not labeled something you're not, just for enjoying a puff or two here and there.
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it.

Most reactions

Back