Dose this pic look flat?

soul dog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On another forum, someone said my pic looks flat. What do you think?
corey8.jpg

hmm ya I would say it looks kinda flat. Really not much to take the model away from blending into the background.

As a board.

Much too much middle grey.
No separation from subject to background.
Tilt is obvious and not working IMO.
The IPOD cord below the waist is a waste.
The 'footbal shoulders' pose is rarely a good thing IMO.
There is a lot of tension in the pose.

Nice looking model with a cool look. He's done his part, now you have to do yours.

lol! I posted the wrong one. Never the less dose this one look a little less flatter?
corey5.jpg

Less than the other one does, yes. Still missing some pop. What was your flash setup?
No flash, shot in the after noon. Straight B&W.
(First time shooting a person I gotta admit.)

Less than the other one does, yes. Still missing some pop. What was your flash setup?
No flash, shot in the after noon. Straight B&W.
(First time shooting a person I gotta admit.)

This is just me, but I always shoot color, then convert to B&W...

If you converted from color to B&W than you might have been able to get a greater contrast when B&W...but that is my $0.03

Keep up the good work...I would shoot him again and keep the clothing simple, there were a lot of straps, belts, cords in the shot that made it a little distracting.

Hmm maybe it was just a bad idea to have the model in lots of dark colors then? I agree that a white shirt would have probably helped a lot here.

Also... Location, Location, Location. If the person is wearing dark colors and you want it to pop, then find a lighter color background and visa verse.

It looks the same, just globally darker.
The first also has a red cast to it.
Darkening the whole shot make you lose detail.

Shoot in color, and convert to black and white, in software that allows you to adjust the color tones.

Keep up the good work...I would shoot him again and keep the clothing simple, there were a lot of straps, belts, cords in the shot that made it a little distracting.
What if the whole point of the shoot was his fashion?

It looks the same, just globally darker.
The first also has a red cast to it.
Darkening the whole shot make you lose detail.

Shoot in color, and convert to black and white, in software that allows you to adjust the color tones.

What if the whole point of the shoot was his fashion?

Thanks man! And yeah it was a little fashion shoot.
Yeah I've heard that's how it's generally done, I just wish someone told me that before I did that shoot a couple months back!:(
Its all good tho.;)

Shoot in RAW format too, you can have more wiggle room with editing than jpg.

Shoot in RAW format too, you can have more wiggle room with editing than jpg.
Unfortunately I can't I have a Nikon D3000.

Better dust off that manual:

3 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
ok I see. I thought I read in an online review that this cam did not have RAW.
Here is a blurry throw away I toggled with in CS3 tonight. This was a color pic converted to b&w.
I want to get this unflat, what should I do?
picture116copy.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back