Down by the seashore (C&C Please)

NIVLEKphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my recent shot at the shore. Picture was taken with a Canon XT, standard 18-55mm lens, natural light.

Will appreciate any constructive advice!
ps- anything i can do in photoshop to improve the image?

Thanks, NIVLEKphotography.:thumbup:
Beach.jpg

Start by straightening the image and then playing with the cropping so it isn't cut through the direct centre. Cutting the frame in this way often leads to the least visually gripping composition.

Start by straightening the image and then playing with the cropping so it isn't cut through the direct centre. Cutting the frame in this way often leads to the least visually gripping composition.

I'm not too familiar with PS.
To Straighten the image i would have play with the arbitrary. correct?

Horizon line isn't straight, when you do a little crop in PS just grab the corner and make it level. I'd take some of the foreground out as well. Basically this is a very dull image.

There wasn't a whole lot that could be done to this photo, but here are a few edits I did. The first one is just straightened and cropped, the next two are excessively edited. I got a bit carried away.

EDIT: Had problems posting the images... try my flickr account here

Your best bet for C&C is to post in the beginner section, you'll get a lot more responses there :)

I'm not too familiar with PS.
To Straighten the image i would have play with the arbitrary. correct?

Arbitrary yah then crop. You can use fractions, eg. 1.5 when rotating...

Most reactions

Back