DOWNLOADING RAW PROBLEM.....

kamilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I JUST TOOK MY FIRST PIC IN RAW FORMAT. . BUT I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THEM ON MY COMPUTER. … ANY HELP PLEASE;)

What method of down/up loading are you using.

I just put in the card (or attach the camera) and use windows explorer to drag and drop the files into a folder on my hard drive.

I attached the camera...I'm able to download only images taken in JPG. It looks like my computer can not detect RAW pic...Is that possible that I have to change setting in my camera? Totally confused:confused:

What software are you using and what camera. I have heard that sometimes the software doesn't show RAW files because it doesn't know what they are. You would need to update your software. Windows has a RAW viewer utility...but my WIN XP can see RAW files just fine.

What about the software that came with the camera? That software would surely read your RAW files.

Just to be sure...did you set the camera to record raw files? Because if you didn't...there would be no RAW files.

Thanks Mike. I had D70 and I used Adobe Photoshop Album to get the pic….I checked my camera and for sure I set it to RAW. I got new computer and did not download the software that came with camera…I will try again…Ready to fight :blackeye:

I have a feeling that Adobe PS Album won't see (as in doesnt support viewing them) RAW files.
Download directly to a folder on your desktop I'd say.

Most reactions

Back