Why are photos NOT on my phone appearing on computer???

It's part of the entire file. Not only does the file contain the information about the pixels in the image, there's EXIF data as well as a low-resolution jpg to quickly display the image on the screen.

Sorry to be so dense on this but last try.
WHY DID my phone all of a sudden "make' 6000 thumbnails from shows downloaded my phone AND why aren't they actually on my phone that I can find??
When I downloaded a few phone photos yesterday it said 'downloading 26 of 6012 photos' !
Ugh technology...
Off to take Grand Teton photos here at dawn. ;)
Thanks for your help.
Nancy

Am un-techie....but....
Downloading photos from Samsung phone to old computer.
It says 6,011 photos! NO way.
Upon seeing the 6000 photos on my computer, they are thumbnails of what looks like tv or movie that I Do NOT even recognize??!!

They are NOT NOT on my phone!
All I can say is wtf?? And I do not use that term in my language 🙂
Any insight?
Thank you!
Nancy
Hello
I had the same experience when I used Samsung phones. There were photos taken by nmy wife with her phone!
I cannot explain this. It is very very strange, and even bothering, and risky, how can I be sure my photos are not in the phone of anyone else?
If you ever find out the reason, please tell me.
Regards.

Last edited:
Old thread, but anyway.

iCloud, iTunes, Google drive, and other cloud file storage/backup services are preinstalled on phones and if you don't change the default behaviors when you log in with an account you get this kind of thing.

They assume you want your pictures and files to be available on every device you have logged in using the same account. Use your google account on 2 phones and a PC, you get the same pictures on all.

Use an iCloud account or iTunes and your iPhone, iPad and so on you will get weird thumbnails/photos show up even when you don't want it.

They all make it a PIA to change these settings.

Most reactions

Back