downtown family

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know a few were not too keen on this set of stairs when I posted a maternity shot but I liked them.. and used them again! lol I'd like suggestions on how else I could have posed this family too, with a 5 week old it was tricky!!

1 myher (1 of 1)-4 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

myher (1 of 1)-7 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

myher (1 of 1)-5 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Arrghhhhh!!!! Exposed bra-straps (#3). You KNOW better than that. Twenty lashes with a wet cable release!!!! The way I would have probably arranged the family (aside from further from the background) is to have the red-shirted child sitting on Dad's left knee and I think I would have moved around just a little more to the right, and had Dad sit up straight and smile. This would have formed a nice triangle and other than that, I would have left everything else more or less the way you have it. Parents and grand-parents care most about the children, so DON'T hide them in family shots.

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yeah. I really want to make a simple document of some sort to send people before we shoot to discuss wardrobe. I was pretty bummed when she showed up with very visible straps and dad in a white undershirt :( I couldn't have likely tucked the bra away as it was like a racer back in the back but I should have tried! Too busy trying to corral the two year old. Lol

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Oh and I may have to post one more image just because no one will believe what's in it.. lol

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
So.. since dad wore this to their shoot.. I decided to completely run with it.. lol brick wall again and all!

$myher (1 of 1).jpg

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Yeah. I really want to make a simple document of some sort to send people before we shoot to discuss wardrobe. I was pretty bummed when she showed up with very visible straps and dad in a white undershirt :( I couldn't have likely tucked the bra away as it was like a racer back in the back but I should have tried! Too busy trying to corral the two year old. Lol
No, no, NO!!! No 'document'. Talk! Meeting... get-together, face-to-face!!!!! Bring a laptop/tablet and show them examples of images with appropriate clothing. Discuss what they want, and what their tastes are. That doesn't mean they'll follow your advice, but it gives you a fighting chance (Witness a family shoot last year where even after discussion, the woman wore black trousers and a white shirt! ). As for the bra, I suspect most of the strap could have been artfully tucked under the straps of her shirt, or even just removed for the shot.

Last edited:
OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yep. I do on one hand have to commend people for just being themselves.. but goodness. Lol I have to say the random heated argument that took place down the street was slightly less scary when a Marine with a weapon was there though. Haha I had these brief well good thing we have a lil protection thought.

Most reactions

ClickASnap