Downtown for Tourists

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
We have two "downtown"s in Bellingham. One is grungy and eclectic (I love it), and the other is touristy... it's called Fairhaven. These are just a couple shots I grabbed down there today.

I like everything about the first one. A picture that holds your eye for a longer time. :thumbup:

Yes, that is about the time when you get this light in the Northern Hemisphere at this time of the year! Well used!
So is this a building in the "touristy part" of your "downtown" area? Or is the top photo representing the "grungy" area? The house looks abandoned, though the one right next to it looks done up...

Terrific light conditions in the first one!

The second reminds me strongly of the cover of the Beatles' Penny Lane Album. May just be the - how we in Germany call them - zebra-stripes. You call them zebra crossings? I really like it, too. The building looks beautifully geometric.

LaFoto said:
Yes, that is about the time when you get this light in the Northern Hemisphere at this time of the year! Well used!
So is this a building in the "touristy part" of your "downtown" area? Or is the top photo representing the "grungy" area? The house looks abandoned, though the one right next to it looks done up...

Actually the first shot is in the most touristy area of them all... you just wouldn't guess, lol. But that's right by this lovely outdoor cinema, that's more like a park with benches, terrific murals, cobblestone, brick walls, statues, etc.

I like the both. The second one has good composure and exposure. But I much prefer the harsh light in the first. And the warm yellow from the sun. It looks sodding freezing though! :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing. :)

WOW that was sort of creepy coming in here and seeing that 2nd picture. I will have to dig out my negs from a few years back when I took a shot from almost the exact angle!!

CrazyAva said:
WOW that was sort of creepy coming in here and seeing that 2nd picture. I will have to dig out my negs from a few years back when I took a shot from almost the exact angle!!

You mean of that same building in Fairhaven? Too cool, I'd love to see it!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back