Dragon in the Sun

Lungfarmer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.javaheaddesign.com
Caught a pic of this huge dragonfly on the rail outside early this evening when the sun was shining in a gold glow all over.

dragonflysm.jpg

Great picture you have here. The colors are very vibrant with a great tone. What lense did you use?

Incredibly close and crisp and the colors look great.

WOW. Makes me feel all envious. How I'd love to be able to take macro shots like this one for once in my life!
Did you really move close and this "dragon" let you? Or do you use a telephoto lense combined with a macro function like myself (which stands for a too shallow DOF if I let the camera decide, or long shutter times if I do something about the f-stop, which ends in shaky photos... :roll: )?

I'm not usually a fan of macro shots, but this one is amazing! The colors and misleading sense of size really do the trick here. I really like the sense of being looked down at, rather than being the one looking down on it.

Holy Bajesus. I wouldn't think of myself to be affraid of bugs, the the detail on that is giving me the heebie jeebies. Great photo! ... even though its scares the hell out of me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back