Dragon

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took the dog out before getting in the shower the other morning and found this guy on a trellis. I was late getting in the shower.....

Near as I can tell, perhaps a common darner???

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_6351a by breckmiller, on Flickr

IMG_6348a by breckmiller, on Flickr

Beautiful shot! I really like the natural not quite metallic look.

that's a super sharp shot! if you haven't already, you should look into focus stacking, it helps with macro photography so that you can get the whole subject in focus while keeping the detail just in the subject.

Great detail, pity you had to crop so tight..

I did get some wider shots, but there were some distracting elements in each of them. Dragonfly wings are incredible, but the detail of the body caught me here. Maybe I need to go back and reconsider the full-body shots.

that's a super sharp shot! if you haven't already, you should look into focus stacking, it helps with macro photography so that you can get the whole subject in focus while keeping the detail just in the subject.

I've considered it. I think a better tripod is moving up on my wish list and I've looked at the little brackets for stackable shots. Given that you brought it up, do you use one of the fine-adjustment brackets? What should I be looking for?

I've considered it. I think a better tripod is moving up on my wish list and I've looked at the little brackets for stackable shots. Given that you brought it up, do you use one of the fine-adjustment brackets? What should I be looking for?
I haven’t so I’m no help there, but I would say start off with a cheaper one unless you know for sure that it’s an investment that will pay off. Focus stacking like that is pretty meticulous and nearly impossible on live insects.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back