Dream Theme CC

TravisO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture right after the person was reunited with their missing cat (Mr.Piddles) She said it felt like a dream. Do you think I captured the dream feel well?

6465869567_01a571a8bd_b.jpg

Original in case anyone wanted to see it.
6474242041_5031a9b78a_b.jpg

Edit Add:
Thanks for all your feedback I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
I think you captured it perfectly. I'd square crop it, frame it, and give it to her. She'll love it!

I think the highlights are a bit too much, it hurts my eyes to look at. If you tone down the highlights, and maybe a little less surreal blur, it would work pretty well. Its just hard to look at and it took me a few seconds to make out that it was a cat.

Good capture, but I would roll back a bit of the vignette as the cat is a bit lost in it - white one was good though and not many would think of it. I would agree with wmccree, square it off, print and frame it. You might even look at a diamond-shaped frame - turn the square 45°. This is definitely an image to be proud of - it will stick with me for a while. :thumbup:

Cheers,

WesternGuy

I'm sorry but I don't like it. It's waaaay to over exposed and the vignette does nothing positive for this photo. For a dream like feel I would have kept it in color, possible softened the photo a tad, maybe desaturated a bit and a SLIGHT dark vignette. But that's just me.

I'm kind of undecided about the vignette. The center of the shot is perfect and she'll love the image whatever you do with the rest, but it might be worth trying it a couple of different ways. Is there anything really distracting around the periphery that you were trying to hide? If not, it might work better without a vignette or with the reverse, as suggested; I can't tell.

You've done something to it that made it loose all the detail, they look plastic.

It took me a moment to figure out that there is a cat in the photo. That should be more obvious. There is too much of the dreamy stuff and not enough subject/substance, IMO. I know you were going for a soft feeling but there needs to be more contrast where it matters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back