What's new

Drive to Owen Sound

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend hubby and I went for a drive to Owen Sound to go to the movies. We went early enough that we could stop at the harbor so I could take some shots.

These were taken on the way, I love shooting from the car, it really makes you think quickly or else you end up with a bazillion shots of blur and meh.

The first is my first take on the "field and sky" shot and the second I'm a sucker for cows.


1.





2.



These next ones are from Owen Sound Harbour.

3.






4.
 
5. This one is my favorite of the bunch so I posted it alone. It makes me uncomfortable and I like that about it :)

There is no normal.

 
#1 &#2: liked the feeling of the vastness they induce.....
I am trained to dislike the last image....yet i liked it(i held the arms of my chair not to slide away ;) )
 
Love the last one, but I would argue for a square crop so that the lower left has equal amounts of water along the vertical and horizontal axes. Then you have symmetry at both (opposite) corners.

The other shots are pretty good too. I'm kinda partial to putting the horizon in the middle (You can already hear the tsk-tsking from the peanut gallery), and using a vertical format to showcase the sky and the land.
 
Cool! I was in Owen Sound in September of 2001...a simply LOVELY place. I used to have a friend who lived in Port Elgin. Your photos made me think back to a nice a very nice time I had back there in eastern Canada! Salmon derby, and that AWESOME fish fry!! Elvis impersonator show! Lots of friendly people. GOod Canadian beer. Photography! Coffee shops!
 
#1 &#2: liked the feeling of the vastness they induce.....
I am trained to dislike the last image....yet i liked it(i held the arms of my chair not to slide away ;) )
Perfect, that "sliding away" is exactly the feeling I was going for because that is the feeling I get when I stand at the edge, I feel off balance immediately. It freaks me out to even watch people walk along the edge lol
Love the last one, but I would argue for a square crop so that the lower left has equal amounts of water along the vertical and horizontal axes. Then you have symmetry at both (opposite) corners.

The other shots are pretty good too. I'm kinda partial to putting the horizon in the middle (You can already hear the tsk-tsking from the peanut gallery), and using a vertical format to showcase the sky and the land.
Thanks, the last one is definitely my favourite too. There was a method to my madness with this crop... kinda lol
I had it cropped both ways and I was torn, I think the water bottom left adds to the image and with the square crop a good chunk of it gets lost. It turned into a toss up to be honest, here is the almost square crop with equal amounts of water along the vertical and horizontal axes.



Cool! I was in Owen Sound in September of 2001...a simply LOVELY place. I used to have a friend who lived in Port Elgin. Your photos made me think back to a nice a very nice time I had back there in eastern Canada! Salmon derby, and that AWESOME fish fry!! Elvis impersonator show! Lots of friendly people. GOod Canadian beer. Photography! Coffee shops!
Neat Derrel :) Owen Sound is a neat place, it is actually our closest city at about half an hour away. You described it to a T lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom