dropped cone.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was shown a new b&w conversion yesterday, so I thought I would try it with this photo.

$untitled-38.jpg

$untitled-38-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind seeing this in color. It might have more impact. What kind of ice cream was it? lol:(

I want to feel sad for whoever dropped that, but it's just a vanilla cone. Lame...hehe

I like vanilla, too - it can be rich and frothy. Yum!! It's this kind of cone that I don't care for. :razz:

That aside...I prefer the color version here, actually. The sun angle not only lights up the color of the cone, but adds a terrific little little halo along the squashed edge of the cone; that, combined with the tiny little lens flare, gives the shot some depth and an element of fun that is missing in the B&W version.

And THAT aside....seeing as how this shot was mainly a reason for you to try a new B&W conversion approach, how do you like it? Was it easier or faster? :) If you like the new process, there may be other images where it is more effective.

I like vanilla, too - it can be rich and frothy. Yum!! It's this kind of cone that I don't care for. :razz:

That aside...I prefer the color version here, actually. The sun angle not only lights up the color of the cone, but adds a terrific little little halo along the squashed edge of the cone; that, combined with the tiny little lens flare, gives the shot some depth and an element of fun that is missing in the B&W version.

And THAT aside....seeing as how this shot was mainly a reason for you to try a new B&W conversion approach, how do you like it? Was it easier or faster? :) If you like the new process, there may be other images where it is more effective.

Terri, thank you for your comments. I am trying this conversion on multiple photos that I've taken this month to see how it's going to look. It is not a faster because I was using presets for most of the ones that I was doing. This is a manual conversion, well after you press the b&w button LR4. Then it's a matter of pushing the exposure and contrast, tweaking the highlights, shadows, whites and blacks and finally sharpening a lot.

I also agree that there are other photos that may be better for this type of processing.

Oh, now this one is a real keeper. B&W is so perfect for this subject. Heck, I didn't really notice the spider web on the color version, and it adds so much to the feel of the image. I agree with your decision to add vignetting, it's very nice here.

Good work! :)

Oh, now this one is a real keeper. B&W is so perfect for this subject. Heck, I didn't really notice the spider web on the color version, and it adds so much to the feel of the image. I agree with your decision to add vignetting, it's very nice here.

Good work! :)

Thank you much sir.

Most reactions

Back