Dropping my 40D

Let this be a lesson...the more your camera is tethered to a cord, the more likely it is to have an accident.

Buy a card reader so that you don't have to go through this again.

That's a good tip .. in a similar vein, do most people use the shoulder strap on their cameras? I find that I almost never put the strap around my neck, it is always dangling from the camera when I'm shooting. Sometimes I think the strap is more trouble (and danger) than it's worth.

Well I just went ahead and got the whole thing replaced. I came back from doing a shooting this morning and found a lot of dust inside my lens. I went over to Best Buy to see if I could get the lens replaced. After being told they'd have to send it out to be cleaned (which takes up to 3 weeks) they just decided to swap the entire kit out for me. And since it was technically still under 'holiday return policy' they used that instead of my replacement plan I have. W00t!

It was sad to let the old body go though. I had it for about 40 days, took over 2000 pictures and just came back from Maui with it this week.

Well good luck for you for that I hope you happy with the younger 40D.
My mobile phone was offered to be insured with what they called "No question replacement warranty" for an extra $130, but I did not take the offer. Maybe your camera was under that insurance policy.

ANyway good luck and happy clicking.

Most reactions

Back