DSLR Annoyances, PLEASE HELP!

RunOrDie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone. After opening up my D7000, I quickly noticed some annoyances regarding my D7000.

1). The kit len's focus ring is a bit loose...Like when you turn it for the object to get focused..I don't know if you know what I mean...

2). For the Exposure Compensation button, when you press it, can you notice it's being pressed onto one side? Like when you press down on a button, the whole button should be pressed. But for only this button, it is slanted to one side when pressed

3). When I am trying to retract my built-in flash, if I retract it slowly, I hear a screking sound...

4). Last little annoyance, when I am trying to insert my SD, the SD card doesn't go loosely in. Even when I take the SD card out, it doens't pop out, I have to take it out...

Does anyone have similar annoyances? Also, any suggestions?

Hey everyone. After opening up my D7000, I quickly noticed some annoyances regarding my D7000.

1). The kit len's focus ring is a bit loose...Like when you turn it for the object to get focused..I don't know if you know what I mean...

2). For the Exposure Compensation button, when you press it, can you notice it's being pressed onto one side? Like when you press down on a button, the whole button should be pressed. But for only this button, it is slanted to one side when pressed

3). When I am trying to retract my built-in flash, if I retract it slowly, I hear a screking sound...

4). Last little annoyance, when I am trying to insert my SD, the SD card doesn't go loosely in. Even when I take the SD card out, it doens't pop out, I have to take it out...

Does anyone have similar annoyances? Also, any suggestions?

1) can't help you i didn't buy thats lens
2) both push buttons beside each other on top will lean in the direction tio press with utmost precision. I just tried it.
3) my pop-up is not doing that, it may be because I've had it up and down many times using commander mode and its "broken in" instead of tight.
4) sd card goes in and out of each slot better than my D5000 did, I can't find any issue there

hope that helps

Didn't notice any such things when mine arrived. Of course, I was so anxious to get it that I probably wouldn't have noticed anything short of major grinding noises. I'd try to swap it out while you still can.

First let me say I don't have this camera. But my Canon 60D's SD slot behaved the same way for about the first 2 weeks I had it... eventually it loosened up and has since worked as you'd expect it to.

I can only talk to #4. It may be your card and not the card slot. I have tried three cards in my D7000. Two work fine. The third (an eyefi card) was a very tight fit to the point that I am too scared it will get stuck in the slot to use it.

--the manual focus rings on most of the inexpensive nikon lenses are very loose, this is normal.

--Buttons are designed that way for ergonomic reasons.

--The flash shouldn't squeak, if it keeps doing that or you feel it catching on something or being overly stiff when shutting it, you may want to have it serviced while still under warranty

--The card should fit tightly, as it may loosen with time--better to be a little tight when new (also cards vary a bit in thickness, so it may be the cards fault not the cameras)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back