Dslr paint touch-up. .

enerlevel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all.. I have some paint scratched off at the bottom of my dslr.. I got a can of matt black paint and just with a brush did a few touch ups.
After 3 days of drying in, it looked like a very good job. Problem is that when the camera gets warm, the paint starts to get sticky and if it touches anything , it starts to come off...

I also saw some guys selling a small portion of dslr touch up paint in ebay... is that durable ? Or anyone has any other idea ?

If it's black you need, try a can of high-temp paint used for engines or barbeques.

Who knew cameras are painted?

First, you need to remove all of whatever kind of paint you used already. Get it ALL off.

Then find a paint that is compatible with the base material and usage.

I would leave the worn look. Also, for any painting I think you will need a primer coat to give adhesion for the paint coat. The primer would depend on having a plastic or magnesium body. I would not want to use any of these chemicals around my camera. I am actually surprised at how little of the coating has worn off my cameras and is mostly in areas that if repainted would wear off again very soon.

This is just part of a cameras life.

But if you're really wanting to repaint it, car touchup paint or model enamel should work.

Sharpee also makes oil-based markers. You can get them at craft stores, office supply chains or college bookstores. Only use Sharpee brand. Less expensive brands are far inferior.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back