Duck Duck Hawk

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to a new park (new to me) yesterday, Alafia River State Park. It's designed mostly for mountain biking with a lot of primitive trails and a few small lakes/ponds which is where I captured a couple ducks way out in the distance and a red-shouldered hawk. Fairly heavy cropping on the ducks.

11143218AAAAA-f studio.jpg

11143010-f studio.jpg

The ducks (not Mallards;)) look pretty good for heavy crops. The hawk however is fantastic. Excellent pov, lighting, exposure and of course, composition (on both).

I've seen on other Forums' bird sections people moan about twigs and branches in front of a subject. However, I generally have no issue with this in natural environment shots and all is good here. TFS;)

The ducks (not Mallards;)) look pretty good for heavy crops. The hawk however is fantastic. Excellent pov, lighting, exposure and of course, composition (on both).

I've seen on other Forums' bird sections people moan about twigs and branches in front of a subject. However, I generally have no issue with this in natural environment shots and all is good here. TFS;)

Thanks. I'm surprised the sharpness held, they were like around 50 meters away. Not bad for hand held if I say so myself.
I could've got a shot of the hawk without a twig but I forgot to bring my waders and 30 ft. ladder to set up in the gator infested water in order to get that shot. I'm not applying myself, I must try harder. :02.47-tranquillity:

Yes, that hawk is exceptional, Kirk. Looks like a return visit would be warranted with these captures.

thank you very much. I may go back there some day. I like the shot myself but to be honest there are a lot of natural barriers there that kept me far away from the wildlife. It's not optimal for photography, imho. A guy there told me of another place about 6 miles away that was much better for wildlife so that's where I'm going next time out.

Nicely sharp for 50 meters away. Nice shot on the hawk. I too like seeing them immersed in their environments.

I went to a new park (new to me) yesterday, Alafia River State Park. It's designed mostly for mountain biking with a lot of primitive trails and a few small lakes/ponds which is where I captured a couple ducks way out in the distance and a red-shouldered hawk. Fairly heavy cropping on the ducks.

View attachment 203177

View attachment 203178

love the hawk detail

Very nice Hawk.....

Thank you, Jeff.

Nicely sharp for 50 meters away. Nice shot on the hawk. I too like seeing them immersed in their environments.

Thank you.

View attachment 203177

View attachment 203178

love the hawk detail

Thank you.

I could've got a shot of the hawk without a twig but I forgot to bring my waders and 30 ft. ladder to set up in the gator infested water in order to get that shot. I'm not applying myself, I must try harder. :02.47-tranquillity:

these are excellent photos. the hawk is my favorite, it's a beautiful bird and you really did it justice.

but hopefully next time you won't forget your waders and ladder. you really need to try harder and apply yourself. :D:D:D

these are excellent photos. the hawk is my favorite, it's a beautiful bird and you really did it justice.

but hopefully next time you won't forget your waders and ladder. you really need to try harder and apply yourself. :D:D:D

Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Back