Duck Transition

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know what you're all thinking, I must have balls of steel to keep posting my pictures....well I do. Here's two:

Picture144_edited.jpg

Picture146_edited.jpg

well good on you to keep posting, but you must know what's coming =)

i thought you didn't believe in pp? these were cropped....

and both are blurry, and underexposed.

was this at night? and if it was, why didn't you use a flash?

Rob, I think you just got a bad start here, at no fault of your own. You are probably now trying to figure out how to deal with it. These pictures are an improvement focus wise, they're still a tad dark. Did you shoot them in raw format? If you did brighten them up some.

The negative attention your photos are receiving is not going to help your photography improve and you obviously have an interest. There are people here that can and will help you. I think they just want to see that you are serious. I think the last photo of the trees you posted was out of spite. I don't blame you, you were not treated well by a few. Don't let the few bother you. Move forward and take the advice from the good people on here and ignore the rest. You can tell who the good ones are by the pictures they post and thier patience for answering very basic questions like the ones I ask.

Good luck

well good on you to keep posting, but you must know what's coming =)

i thought you didn't believe in pp? these were cropped....

and both are blurry, and underexposed.

was this at night? and if it was, why didn't you use a flash?

I don't remember my previous words on PP. I don't have much of a problem with cropping, in fact it's kind of essential. As for all the other things PP is capable of, I should probably start trying to learn them.

I hope you're not surprised that they are blurry? :)

The pictures weren't shot at night, but it was getting dark. I try not to use the flash very much...adds another dimension that I'm not yet familiar with.

Rob, I think you just got a bad start here, at no fault of your own. You are probably now trying to figure out how to deal with it. These pictures are an improvement focus wise, they're still a tad dark. Did you shoot them in raw format? If you did brighten them up some.

The negative attention your photos are receiving is not going to help your photography improve and you obviously have an interest. There are people here that can and will help you. I think they just want to see that you are serious. I think the last photo of the trees you posted was out of spite. I don't blame you, you were not treated well by a few. Don't let the few bother you. Move forward and take the advice from the good people on here and ignore the rest. You can tell who the good ones are by the pictures they post and thier patience for answering very basic questions like the ones I ask.

Good luck

No, they weren't shot with RAW, I didn't even know what RAW was until just now. I will give it a look.

And I didn't post The yellow tree out of spite. I love it and consider it one of the best pictures I've taken.

The pictures weren't shot at night, but it was getting dark. I try not to use the flash very much...adds another dimension that I'm not yet familiar with.

hmmmmmmmmmm. try it. you get familiar with things when you try them...

a question: what camera do you use?

another question: why do you post your photos on TPF?

hmmmmmmmmmm. try it. you get familiar with things when you try them...

a question: what camera do you use?

another question: why do you post your photos on TPF?

Canon EOS Rebel Xt.

I post on TPF to get feedback on my pictures.

okay.... what were the specs on these photos? shutter speed, etc. ?

If you like the yellow tree great because it's subjective, right? I would like to suggest you go to the beginners forum and ask some basic questions ( God knows I ask enough for both of us). There are a few recommended books that will really help you as well.

For both it is

1/30s f5.6 iso 200

If you like the yellow tree great because it's subjective, right?

I would like to suggest you go to the beginners forum and ask some basic questions ( God knows I ask enough for both of us). There are a few recommended books that will really help you as well.

You are going to have to be open to some critiques if you continue posting pictures.

Is this a joke?

What picture isn't subjective?

When did I say I wasn't open to criticism?

No its not a joke. Its an attempt at offering you help. If you'll notice I edited the part about critique out. You do however come across a little confrontational at times. I'm done with it.

Good luck

I become confrontational when other users tell me to smash my camera and start separate threads dedicated to mocking my work.

I appreciate you trying to help, I'm not sure if you get my work but the comments on Raw and lighting were helpful.

I become confrontational when other users tell me to smash my camera and start separate threads dedicated to mocking my work.

I appreciate you trying to help, I'm not sure if you get my work but the comments on Raw and lighting were helpful.

Ok, I guess I'm not done with it. I agree some of the comments were uncalled for. I'm really surprised at the mock thread, that was a moderator on top of that. I don't know that person but I can tell by her helpful comments in the past that she is an extremely nice person and i think she meant no harm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back