Dunkbot: Affordable Automated Film Processor

Interesting. I doubt I would get one but someone might.

Since I have a develop can that holds 14 rolls of 35mm or 8 rolls of 120, I'll pass. And when I buy a house and set up a darkroom I have a dip/dunk tank/rack that can process up to 24 rolls of 35mm or 18 rolls of 120 at once, pass again.

Makes the JOBO rigs look like science fiction. BTW, are those Home Depot paint cans?

Makes the JOBO rigs look like science fiction. BTW, are those Home Depot paint cans?
In his description, he said they were pots used in the restaurant industry. Food grade.

Friends use sous vide immersion cookers for their b&w development.

Dunkbot??! lol kind of like the name...

Looks more involved than I'd probably use at home. And I don't know how food grade containers would be, if those would be good for photo chemistry. I've got enough used darkroom equipment I got cheap, don't think I'd need/use this contraption.

Dunkpot might also be an appropriate name. 300 series stainless steel (316, 18-10, 18-8) would be impervious to acids or salts, so easy to clean and little chance of chemical cross-contamination. I don't know what grade stainless my Nikor tanks and reels are made of.
Personally, I wouldn't want this thing even if it were free - I enjoy processing film by hand. It's a rather unique concept, though.

As I think of the backlog of undeveloped film that I have, this is a little bit tempting. But the rest of me knows that this isn't for me. I have no room, it's out of my budget, and I don't shoot enough right now to make it worth it.

Interesting idea, though.

Doesn't seem it would be any faster than manual with a multi reel tank. And look at all that maintenace, with tanks and reels you just rinse and dry. Robot arms doing stuff looks neat, until you have to service one, or fiddle with the software.

Doesn't seem it would be any faster than manual with a multi reel tank. And look at all that maintenace, with tanks and reels you just rinse and dry. Robot arms doing stuff looks neat, until you have to service one, or fiddle with the software.
Wouldn't expect it to be any faster - the film has to be run through a certain number of chemicals for a certain amount of time no matter the process.

'Back to the Future' was on recently and they crashed right thru a foto-hut! how terrible!! lol

But weren't those handy?? I usually went to a local camera store that is no more but those were so easy, drop it off, pick it up and done!

Most reactions

Back