Durable Pro Photo Printers

FrancesP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With my business needing to print more and more, I wanted to do some research before I bought my shops next generation of printer.

I wanted to find out what printers had served people well in terms of quality of print and durability of printer, either in terms of short term bulk printing or in terms of long term life span.

What is your budget and what will you primarily be printing with it and how often? I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100, which is their entry level professional inkjet printer. It has been reliable for about 5 years, but the ink tanks are small and it's an ink hog. If I were printing more frequently and it was a money maker I would go with the Pro-1000. Much larger ink tanks and it can handle larger paper up to A2.

But, if you need to print documents as well, I would buy a separate office printer for that. It would be much faster.

Given the forum, I'm assuming you are looking for a photo printer. If you are going to sell your prints then look at the Epson P600 13" wide printer, which can be roll fed for 10' panoramas. It's a 9 cartridge encapsulated pigment printer, which will give you excellent B&W as well as color prints. Epson also makes great office printers if you need a scanner and plain paper printer as well.

With my business needing to print more and more, I wanted to do some research before I bought my shops next generation of printer.

I wanted to find out what printers had served people well in terms of quality of print and durability of printer, either in terms of short term bulk printing or in terms of long term life span.

Frances, hey it’s my first day here so I might as well jump in with both feet!!! LoL
You haven’t come back to clarify the few questions you’ve been asked.
I’ll assume you mean a real printer for commercial duty use.
I always recommend Canon, for several reasons.
They make inks, paper and can print straight from Canon Raw, assuming you shoot canon! If not...., change!!! Not to mention their CS is next to none.
I bought a Used Canon Imagpraph ipf 5100 8 years ago and used the daylights out of it. Remember I bought it used!
It’s just now giving me a printhead error so I’m probably gonna need a new one or other one soon. They are bullet proof and commercial duty.
Mine is small at 17” wide but prints sheets or off a 100 foot roll of paper. It’s extremely cheap to run. It’s about 1/4 the cost of say a Pixma Pro 100 to operate but the price of admission is high. Used they are a $1000 and new $2000.
I would recommend the 24 inch printer for the versatility and you can take in print jobs for other people through your business.
I hope that helped. Or maybe you’re looking for like a Pixma Pro 100??
Good luck!!!
SS

Most reactions

Back