DXO optics Question

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got DXO 11 free license few months back and I was just wondering about the programs cataloguing regime, does it create a folder somewhere on your system and if so, Im guessing it does, how do you relocate the default library location, I have done it on LR previously.

Got DXO 11 free license few months back and I was just wondering about the programs cataloguing regime, does it create a folder somewhere on your system and if so, Im guessing it does, how do you relocate the default library location, I have done it on LR previously.
I use it just like photoshop, rather than lightroom. You navigate to photos using the 'organize' tab using your existing file structure.

I had a probably ham fisted approach when I used adobe consisting of the following.

1 Transfer raw files from camera card to external SSD, sorting them per folder eg tractors into farm machinery folder and ducks into animal folder. I would leave the file names as they were out of camera.

2 Import raw files from SSD, along with the folder a file name structure into LR. the LR catalogue would then mirror the raw file structure found on the SSD.

As far as I could detrmine that system made it very easy for me to burn stuff from both structures and not have junk left over in either RAW backup or LR catalogue and after major collapses of LR libraries when I started first having two separate things is the only way I could be sure. Since I have abandoned adobe entirely and switched to Affinity and now DXO I figure I have redundant duplication and have since removed a chunk of it. Yes if my SSD blows thats toilet time but I dont do this for a living.

Most reactions

Back