Early Morning Shots

fsquare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i left a little earlier for work this morning and tried to get there by sunrise. I used my trusty Giottos Vitruvian tripod along with a 10-24mm Nikon lens.

C&C is very welcome.

1) Port of Montreal - f/18, 10mm, 7 exposures

6479661477_d8ab72ee88_o.jpg

2) Buildings in Old Montreal - f/11, 14mm, 7 exposures

6479661891_e31d60e550_o.jpg

Last edited:
The first one is kinda blah. I'm a horrible landscape photographer and it looks like one of my many throw aways.

I love the second one. I like your composition and the overall sinister feel of the photo. I only wish the top left tower part of the building were lighter so we could see more detail.

Nice job!

2 is incredible!!!!!!!! Very dimensional!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first one is far from blah. Maybe a tighter crop to make it more of a panorama. second one is just beautiful The mood between the sky and house give me almost a Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd type vibe.

It might be me not having enough sleep, too much caffeine and my eyes burned from my monitor, but the first one seems kind of soft. Maybe you weren't focusing to infinity, maybe you were, I don't know.

Personally when shooting long exposures or multiple exposures a problem I ran into is in camera or in lens image stabilization. It took me a long long time to figure out why my images in the viewfinder were in focus but in post processing were just as soft as warm butter. From what I read, during exposures image stabilization of any kind makes micro adjustments to the lens, trying to compensate for non existent movement, or waves perhaps. I'm not quiet sure how that all works. But when I turned off my IS my images became sharper. I don't know if your lens or body has any form of IS, I'm not a Nikon guy. But that would be my best advice, other than that they are both very nice compositionally.

Again I might just be delusional and actually in focus, I just can't see! :meh:

Thanks guys for all the feedback. One of the crops i wanted to go with on #1 was the crop everything to the right of that crane in the distance but decided against it.

It might be me not having enough sleep, too much caffeine and my eyes burned from my monitor, but the first one seems kind of soft. Maybe you weren't focusing to infinity, maybe you were, I don't know.

Personally when shooting long exposures or multiple exposures a problem I ran into is in camera or in lens image stabilization. It took me a long long time to figure out why my images in the viewfinder were in focus but in post processing were just as soft as warm butter. From what I read, during exposures image stabilization of any kind makes micro adjustments to the lens, trying to compensate for non existent movement, or waves perhaps. I'm not quiet sure how that all works. But when I turned off my IS my images became sharper. I don't know if your lens or body has any form of IS, I'm not a Nikon guy. But that would be my best advice, other than that they are both very nice compositionally.

Again I might just be delusional and actually in focus, I just can't see! :meh:

The lens doesn't have image stabilization and I was using a tripod. I don't really find #1 OOF but if it is slightly then i can attribute that to two possible things. One is that it was slightly windy and two is that I forgot my shutter release in my other camera bag so I actually had to hit the shutter manually which could of caused some camera shake.

Thanks for the feedback!

#2 is awesome! I am no expert, but that is a very cool pic! Nice job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back