Earning Money On YouTube Videos

I started a channel years ago when I started bee keeping, then realized 10 million other beeks were doing the same thing. I lost interest and never made a dime.

I used to make thousand bucks a year on my channel with 2000 subs but since now I rarely post anything at all and get very little views, I make maybe $100 a year now if I'm lucky and most of that is from older videos that are still trending for years ago. YouTube is very very hard, especially today with all the saturation. Not impossible but it will take years. I been on YouTube since 2005 and I've only manage to get 2000 subscribers but that's due to my crappy content lol.
I notice on Youtube that there are Indian dancers and singers and actresses on videos that have hundreds of millions of views. One had over 840 million views and 58 million subscribers. What's that worth?

I notice on Youtube that there are Indian dancers and singers and actresses on videos that have hundreds of millions of views. One had over 840 million views and 58 million subscribers. What's that worth?

I guess it depends on the ads that were shown. I don't know, I'm sure its a good amount.

I don't know, Alan, but this video was done by Sony Music India; maybe that's why there are so many views which I suppose made a good bit of money.

I'd say don't quit your day job. People can like something and things go viral; then the novelty wears off and people are off to the next latest thing that comes along.

Last edited:
I don't know, Alan, but this video was done by Sony Music India; maybe that's why there are so many views which I suppose made a good bit of money.

I'd say don't quit your day job. People can like something and things go viral; then the novelty wears off and people are off to the next latest thing that comes along.
My two sites have seven subscribers and a total of around 3500 views. Good thing I'm retired. :)

I've got a couple of home pages because somehow I screwed up and opened two accounts. I haven't figure out how to combine them. Maybe some here can help me.

You can add CHANNELS to your account. It's not something that jumps off the front page, but it's there.

I haven't tried to do anything but have fun. The previous comments are good advice. You need to add new content at least weekly and maybe more often. There's also a bit of promoting to get the channel started, heavy work, and then it will appear higher up. Mine is pretty much invisible, unless I send someone a link.

Both of them. One I decided to try to stick to timelapse, the other family movies and fun. Nothing of interest to people who would come back or subscribe. My band in 1976 bad film version, no audio, or 1980s playing a park for the 4th of July?

After all these years YouTube still has odd quirks. Today I decided to change a video from "Pulbic" to "Private", but I did not want to delete it. Apparently this could not be done, so I checked to make sure I still had my file locally and then I deleted it. I don't see why they have not made it possible to change that setting.

It can be done very easily. Go to your Studio, click on the drop-down option next to the video, choose Private.

1701103804860.png

I tried that and when you "save" the settings, it does not save. It reverts back to "Public". Thinking back on this issue, I believe that I used to use it successfully, so it seems that it has started to fail "recently".

Earning money on YouTube is a game-changer. Besides ad revenue, explore sponsorships, affiliate marketing, and merch sales to diversify income streams. Building a loyal audience is key; engagement and authenticity go a long way. Also, consider collaborations and cross-promotions to expand your reach. YouTube's versatility opens up various ways to make money online, so get creative and stay consistent.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back