Ebay Help

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I bought a lens this last week and the seller said it would ship the next day insured with delivery confirmation & a tracking number would be given. I never got a tracking number and the seller has yet to respond to 2 different emails inquiring to the whereabouts of the lens. Should I be worried...... I paid Va Paypal and it has been 1 week. I have only had 1 issue with Ebay but it was handled promptly by the seller. The Seller is in the US as well so shipping would not be long. It was supposed to go out on Tuesday the 26th... From California.

Should I be worried yet????

Hard to say...I've encountered similar delays from eBay sellers before...one time I had to contact eBay to threaten the seller, and she FINALLY got off her butt and shipped my package...

I know it is only a week but something does not sit right with me about this..... IDK why but it just seems off a little but again I don't know.

I know it is only a week but something does not sit right with me about this..... IDK why but it just seems off a little but again I don't know.

I would try sending another e-mail to the seller. If no response within 3 days then go to your paypal account. There a link there for the resolution section. If you've not had any response from the seller in 10 days from making payment, then I would start the resolution process by filing a claim. If the seller listed the item would be shipped the next day w/ tracking number and now won't respond to request for information,then it usually indicates a problem. Did you check the sellers feedback rating before you made the purchase? I buy and sell on e-bay. I make it a point to ship within 24 hours(except weekends and holidays) with a tracking number. It's just good business. I've only encountered one problem on e-bay when I was the winning bidder on a lens. When it didn't arrive within 8 days, I e-mailed the seller to inquire about the tracking number. He e-mail me back with an appology saying his daughter knocked the lens off the table and it was now broken. He did issue a refund the next day.

I would try sending another e-mail to the seller. If no response within 3 days then go to your paypal account. There a link there for the resolution section. If you've not had any response from the seller in 10 days from making payment, then I would start the resolution process by filing a claim. If the seller listed the item would be shipped the next day w/ tracking number and now won't respond to request for information,then it usually indicates a problem. Did you check the sellers feedback rating before you made the purchase? I buy and sell on e-bay. I make it a point to ship within 24 hours(except weekends and holidays) with a tracking number. It's just good business. I've only encountered one problem on e-bay when I was the winning bidder on a lens. When it didn't arrive within 8 days, I e-mailed the seller to inquire about the tracking number. He e-mail me back with an appology saying his daughter knocked the lens off the table and it was now broken. He did issue a refund the next day.

Hmmm... That is crazy....

How was the seller's feedback? Percent & total count?

96.5% 196 total----6 baddies in the last 12 months. Great now I am worried. Nothing came in the mail today. He told me he would get me the tracking number first thing this morning. No number yet..... 3 of them complain of broken items and he failed to pay for insurance when he said he would.. I have not had any serious issues on Ebay yet and have been ok even when something went wrong it was fixed but this has me a little on the worried side..

He has this to say on the auction:

ONCE I SHIP AN ITEM THE RESPONSIBILITY IS OUT OF MY HANDS (IF YOU WANT POSTAL INSURANCE YOU NEED TO ASK) AND WE HAVE TO RELY ON THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNCONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESSES AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE NOT UPDATING THE ADDRESS THEY HAVE ON PAYPAL OR EBAY. ALSO I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOUR CITIES POSTAL SERVICE DOES!

I left the guy a message on Ebay stating that I would be leaving neg feedback and requesting a refund if he did not get back to me today. He gave me a phone number and I called him and he was rude giving me all this crap about how he only handles the Ebay stuff and cannot give me a tracking number and was very rude and hung up on me. I am not happy at all and have started a dispute with paypal. So how knows... This sucks but hey hopefully paypal takes care of it. I don't want to get screwed.
:x

I left the guy a message on Ebay stating that I would be leaving neg feedback and requesting a refund if he did not get back to me today. He gave me a phone number and I called him and he was rude giving me all this crap about how he only handles the Ebay stuff and cannot give me a tracking number and was very rude and hung up on me. I am not happy at all and have started a dispute with paypal. So how knows... This sucks but hey hopefully paypal takes care of it. I don't want to get screwed.

That was pretty quick to pull the gun, PayPal usually will not get involved before 30 days. Quite often these Ebayer's send the items through USPS parcel post as cheap as possible and dont have any tracking numbers.

Even if USPS gives them a number the Post Office usually does not update any info until it is delivered to you.

hope this all works out well for you

That was pretty quick to pull the gun, PayPal usually will not get involved before 30 days. Quite often these Ebayer's send the items through USPS parcel post as cheap as possible and dont have any tracking numbers.

Even if USPS gives them a number the Post Office usually does not update any info until it is delivered to you.

Early.... Yeah a little........But...The guy is not helping himself... He told me on Sunday that he would have a number on Monday and then on Tuesday and then on Wednesday.....If he would have shipped it on the 26th like he said he would then he would have a tracking number and would not have to make me wait to get the number. It is just him stalling. If he is in the right then Paypal will handle it and I will get my item or my money.

Early.... Yeah a little........But...The guy is not helping himself... He told me on Sunday that he would have a number on Monday and then on Tuesday and then on Wednesday.....If he would have shipped it on the 26th like he said he would then he would have a tracking number and would not have to make me wait to get the number. It is just him stalling. If he is in the right then Paypal will handle it and I will get my item or my money.

Maybe

Maybe

yikes..... You think I might get shafted?

Maybe

yikes..... You think I might get shafted?

Probably not

File a dispute as soon as you can.

Leave the dispute open until you have a refund or the lens in hand (and you are satisfied with the quality). If you close it at any time, for any reason, you cannot open it again. Do not let the seller talk you into closing it until you have the item or PayPal closes it and issues you a refund.

If he sends the item, it might give him the incentive he needs to get off his butt. If not, you will get your refund.

I don't use eBay anymore for reasons like this. It's becoming the new Craigslist AKA scammers paradise.

File a dispute as soon as you can.

Leave the dispute open until you have a refund or the lens in hand (and you are satisfied with the quality). If you close it at any time, for any reason, you cannot open it again. Do not let the seller talk you into closing it until you have the item or PayPal closes it and issues you a refund.

If he sends the item, it might give him the incentive he needs to get off his butt. If not, you will get your refund.

I don't use eBay anymore for reasons like this. It's becoming the new Craigslist AKA scammers paradise.

Not quite. Less than 1/2 of 1% of deals on Ebay are bad. I buy and sell a lot on Ebay. Many thousands of dollars and after 10 years and hundreds of deals no issues

several simple thing keep you safe:

dont buy from anyone who does not have feedback

dont buy from anyone who has less than 95% satisfaction rating.

Never send cash or check or CC #s to anyone on Ebay.

Use an online buying service. PayPal is very good on Ebay because it is owned by Ebay now and service the Ebay auctions well

what was the ebay item number?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back