Ebay Slave Flash

Tigerblood79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there all, I am shooting with a Digital Rebel EOS and I am just looking for a little help on selecting a slave flash for it. I don't really know a lot about them, and if I can get a good one for under 300 that would be great. I see a lot on Ebay, but in some cases you never know what you will get there. So the question is what kind of slave flash works good with my model? Also if anyone sees one on Ebay that you think will work for me, please let me know.

That's a loaded question. You can use just about any flash as a 'slave flash'...but there are many different ways to trigger it, each with their own pros and cons.

Check out http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/ for tons of info about off-camera flash.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I want the kind of slave flash that you attach to you camera. So external slave flash yes? That's what I want.

A 'slave' flash is one that is triggered by a 'master'. So it's almost always off camera (off camera flash is better than on-camera flash).

Or are you just talking about a flash to go on the hot-shoe of your camera? In that case, it's not called a slave flash...but an accessory flash or a hot-shoe flash.

I would suggest looking at the Canon 430EX.

Most reactions

Back