ebay tips?

Ive sold stuff on there and done research for tips on how to sell there.

First, sign up with paypal, it takes a while for the numbers to show up on your credit card so you can be verified.

After that, take some pictures of the things you want to sell, the more the better, and upload them to a host. dont use ebay's picture service cuz you gotta pay for the pictures after the first one. use the first free image that ebay does offer just so there is a picture icon on your listing.

And write up a good write up for the item. And be clear on what you will take, paypal, money orders, personal checks, certified checks, etc. State that you wait for the money order and checks to clear before you send, etc.

Find out how much the s&h will be. What I do is take it to the post office and find out what the most it will cost is and mark it up a bit to cover the packaging material. I bought a large box of bubble wrap.

Ive also read that sundays and mondays are the best days to list items to end on. People are home on the weekend, and monday people at work can follow it. I am to end mine on Sunday or Monday at 9pm my time, so people out west, it ends at 6pm thier time, which is after work.

After the auction ends, send the winner an invoice saying how much their last bid is, how much the s&h is, and hwo they can pay. dont wait for them to email you first.

When they use paypal, give htem positive feedback right away. When the other methods of payments clear, give feedback then, and email them letting them know the item is on the way.

When packaging the item, include a thank you note and thier address inside the packaging, so if something happens to the outside packaging, it wont be lost in the mail, itll just take longer to get there.

At least thats how I do it. :0)

Jeff, you can do that if you like, but dont plan to be selling on there very long. :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back