Editing?! Help!

CourtneyAK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not happy with Original background....Other Idea's on how to edit?

$babykiss (575x413) (2).jpg

$babykiss (575x413).jpg
Just a few photos I took of a friends kids, less than a month after owning a camera....

B&W it and leave your subjects in color? Blur it out?

I have yet to learn how to do that! or much for editing at that! I only have Photoscape to edit...

There is barely any background even showing. what don't you like about it?

Prefer white or something that will look good hanging in a living room. She wants this blown up, but isn't crazy about the blue..

well, your attached file size is tiny, too tiny to blow up.

I went with this color, seemed to match better. White would be very boring.

$babykiss (575x413) (2)-1.jpg

I'm not familiar with what you use to edit, but you will need the option of layers to really change it. I just made a selection of background pieces, Cntrl J to make layer of selection, adjusted hue of new layer till it made color I liked. Cntl Shift E to merge and done.

You could just make it all white instead, but then you have to deal with the bits and pieces between hairs...it won't mask/hide well on a white back....plus it will be boring IMO

B&W it and leave your subjects in color? Blur it out?

Please don't suggest selective color.... that is a great way to ruin any image. There are very few images it improves... and this would not be one of them.

you may want to post up the original/raw file if possible to get a better edit.

i just did 2 quick edits here. see if ya like it.
$babykiss (575x413) (2)-2.jpg$babykiss (575x413) (2)-3.jpg

OP- Photoscape will not allow you to do this, as there is no layers function. If PS is not an option, look into GIMP. It's a free editing program that will allow you a lot more freedom and options than you current software.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back