Efficient Camera Bags for Women!

Thanks everyone! The links shared, I'm not really into all the 'purse' styles out there. Yes, they are nice, but I don't think they are practical if you are out all day lugging gear around. I was thinking down the line of a messenger style that is comfortable and well built yet has a bit more style. By style, I don't mean just make it a different color... my idea is give it some stylish design but not something that is flashy. (loud colors etc). I realize most photographers would rather not be noticed. Anyway, black is fine, and no, it's not a 'man color' if we need to get technical... but honestly, most women prefer a little more than just black. :)

my wife uses Tenba messenger bags. she loves them. in tan.
Tenba also makes their messenger bags in a variety of colors.
Small Messenger Bags in Multiple Colors Stylish Professional Tenba Bags

Last edited:
Tenba makes good bags! They are designed to last. tenba large messenger bag Buy or Learn at Adorama

Not sure if the Billingham bags are too masculine or not, but they do say "status". Billingham Bags Bags

Another good brand is Tamrac...I have a nice Tamrac "conventional" type bag that's 20 years old and has held up well. I also have a Domke large, black canvas messenger bag that I use. My main complaint? The bag itself is heavy and it's not that well-padded or compartmentalized.

Tenba makes good bags! They are designed to last. tenba large messenger bag Buy or Learn at Adorama

Not sure if the Billingham bags are too masculine or not, but they do say "status". Billingham Bags Bags

Another good brand is Tamrac...I have a nice Tamrac "conventional" type bag that's 20 years old and has held up well. I also have a Domke large, black canvas messenger bag that I use. My main complaint? The bag itself is heavy and it's not that well-padded or compartmentalized.

DERREL!!! I thought those TPF Burritos had done you in for good!! :D

Yes, I did get very violently ill from TPF cafeteria burritos, back in early December. Thought I was gonna die from salmonella...but I made it through...so...no Pearly Gates or River Styx for me, at least not just yet...

Do they still make bedazzlers?? who mentioned that? lol no girly pink for me either, I like more sleek and stylish and modern.

I do have a couple by Acme Made, in San Francisco, but I think they make laptop bags etc. not camera bags anymore. They're not big which is all I need, made of some type synthetic that is wipe-off which is nice, easy to clean to keep looking decent. One is B&W patterned, the other is shiny lipstick red and looks like a little bowling bag - cute as heck and more usable than it might sound! lol

I got it to take to events when I'm dressed for the occasion and don't want to carry my beat up camera bag that looks like I've dragged it around for years. I do like having compartments that velcro and are adjustable to carry a variety of lenses or accessories as it may double as a purse.

Derrel you're back at last, and join in on this conversation?? lol Good to see ya!

Most reactions

Back