Efficient Camera Bags for Women!

Jeannine Martin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any other women out there who would love to have a practical camera bag (like thinktank), yet actually have one that looks a bit more feminine?! When it comes to style, you either have to choose between impractical 'girly purses' or practical 'man-looking bags'! How many women out there agree with me? If so, what would you love to see if a new option were to come out directed towards women photographers? Let me know. I'm thinking of designing an efficient yet stylish camera bag for women. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are there any other women out there who would love to have a practical camera bag (like thinktank), yet actually have one that looks a bit more feminine?! When it comes to style, you either have to choose between impractical 'girly purses' or practical 'man-looking bags'! How many women out there agree with me? If so, what would you love to see if a new option were to come out directed towards women photographers? Let me know. I'm thinking of designing an efficient yet stylish camera bag for women. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks.
I'm assuming you mean 'girly' = pink and 'man-looking' = black. Seems quite sexist. Why can't men use pink bags and women use black bags? :icon_tongue:

In all seriousness, I understand what you're saying--a bag with color and pattern options? Seems reasonable.

If you can make a bag that is as practical, sturdy, and protective of the equipment inside of it, go for it! It does seem like a niche market, but I'm sure you'd get some buyers. You should check to see what kind of competition you may have on sites like Etsy, eBay, Photojojo, Amazon, etc.

Dark colored fabrics hide wear and dirt better. I can't imagine having a pink bag and how it'd look like after one assignment.

It'd have to be a thumping great big bag to house the kitchen sink AND a vacuum cleaner!! (oh and a few lenses and camera etc) :highly_amused:

It'd have to be a thumping great big bag to house the kitchen sink AND a vacuum cleaner!! (oh and a few lenses and camera etc) :highly_amused:

Don't forget the refrigerator...

I personally use a plastic grocery bag.

I personally use a plastic grocery bag.

I'd never be that brave. I use bread bags to protect my camera while shooting in the rain, but never a grocery bag.

Practical and not that feminine is just fine with me. Most times, when I'm heading out to do photography, I'm either dressed in camo (for birds and wildlife), or I'm in something extremely casual and un-girly, either jeans and a dark top or all black, generally.
I like my bag to blend in, not stand out--not just when I'm out in nature, but even on a portrait shoot or something of that sort, I really just want a good, practical, boring-looking bag. That way, it doesn't really garner any undue interest.

Also, I've never been very good at the girly-girl stuff, so there's that. :D

Let me know your thoughts!

I'm not a woman, but I agree that there should be a line of stylish bags available. And I'm not assuming pink, either. The examples linked are not stylish IMO, but someone could certainly develop a line of bags.

PM sent.

Thanks everyone! The links shared, I'm not really into all the 'purse' styles out there. Yes, they are nice, but I don't think they are practical if you are out all day lugging gear around. I was thinking down the line of a messenger style that is comfortable and well built yet has a bit more style. By style, I don't mean just make it a different color... my idea is give it some stylish design but not something that is flashy. (loud colors etc). I realize most photographers would rather not be noticed. Anyway, black is fine, and no, it's not a 'man color' if we need to get technical... but honestly, most women prefer a little more than just black. :)

I realize most photographers would rather not be noticed. Anyway, black is fine, and no, it's not a 'man color' if we need to get technical... but honestly, most women prefer a little more than just black. :)

Even me. I'd prefer camo. :laughing:

Thanks everyone! The links shared, I'm not really into all the 'purse' styles out there. Yes, they are nice, but I don't think they are practical if you are out all day lugging gear around. I was thinking down the line of a messenger style that is comfortable and well built yet has a bit more style. By style, I don't mean just make it a different color... my idea is give it some stylish design but not something that is flashy. (loud colors etc). I realize most photographers would rather not be noticed. Anyway, black is fine, and no, it's not a 'man color' if we need to get technical... but honestly, most women prefer a little more than just black. :)
Oh, yeah! I can visualize something like a "black on black" paisley, for instance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back